chapter 17

Much told me about everything that happened while I was sleep. Apparently, John ran on and on and bombarded Guy with threats and vicious words. And Guy just sat back and took it. When Rob and Will finally stepped in, Will took John to the far side of the room to cam him down, while Rob and Much talked to Guy. They questioned him on why he was up so late. Much said that he said he went down for water or something and he heard me crying so he wanted to check if I was ok. Clearly no one believed that. The Much said he clocked out once Robin started lecturing Guy about boundaries and respect. Then they changed the sleeping arrangements, and went over what was going down today.

"You know Guy wouldn't stop asking about you? Pissed the boys off so bad. Robin said not to bother you for the rest of the day. That you'll be back with us tomorrow." Much said.

For the life of me I could not understand why Guy was asking about me. I'm sure Robin explained everything and told him I was fine. I would understand that kind of concern from family but we barely know each other.

After awhile I told Much to go down with John and Guy for training. He could not afford to miss a day. Though Much is ok in fighting combat, he still needed to practice. As time dragged on I  got tired again and I fell asleep, and just like before, no nightmares. I don't know why. Maybe because I know that it's Robins room. Robins bed. Robins blanket.

Every time I breathed, I would inhale a bit of his scent. Earthy and sweet. He smelled like honey and rainy day. It was calming and comforting. It always made me feel better and now I'm surrounded by it.

The sound of the door shutting jumped me awake. "Hello!?" I yelled sleepily. I rubbed my eyes and began to look around and my eyes landed on an apologetic looking Robin.

"Sorry, M. Didn't mean to wake you. Not used to having someone in here when I get home." He said while setting his stuff down by the door. He began to walk over to me and I scooted over a bit to give him room to sit on the bed.

"Your fine. I'm the one intruding on you." I said threw a yawn. "How's everything go today? Find any new info?" I asked while wiping the tiredness from my face.

"Yep! We found the people who are catering the bridal shower. Guy, Will, John, and Much will be going there for interviews later in the week. Hopefully they all get hired, but we only really need one of them ." He said sitting down next to me.

"And the other thing? Did you find any leads? Did any oaf your connections help out?" I asked in lower voice.

"Yeah. A few said they've heard of him and they'd look into it and said they'd get back to me. So hopefully, we'll know who we're dealing with before we actually go through with the mission." He said. He began to look at me and reached out his hand to flatten some of my hair. He began to chuckle.

"You must've slept well." He said. And I nodded sheepishly.

"Yes, actually. The best sleep I had in awhile, actually. I think it's because of you." I said. My eyes widen.....I didn't mean for that last part to slip out. My hand went over my mouth and mentally slapped myself.

His eyes widen. "Because of me? Why?"

"Well because your a sense of safety for me. I guess knowing that this is your room and being surrounded by......,"don't say his smell, ".....things that remind me of you, gives me peace of mind." I hope that didn't come creepy. Lord.....I hope I didn't sound like Guy!

"Ah." He said with a smile. "I get it. Well I'm happy I could help then. To see you sleep peacefully is one of the best gifts I could ever ask for." His smile widen and so did my heart.

Maybe I should do it now? I mean, we're alone. And I think I'm ready? "Hey Robin, I wan-" before I could finish a knock at the door interrupted me.

"Rob. M. Can I come in?" It was Will.