chapter 4

The light from the sun peeking through my windows woke me up. I could here the boys rustling down stairs. For awhile I just laid in bed staring at the ceiling. The memory of last night still lingered in my mind as if it just happened. I smiled to myself. I would like more alone time with Robin. It was nice to talk to him with not prying ears around.

I sat up on my bed and began to stretch. I knew my hair was a mess, so I grabbed the scarf next to my bed and began to tie my hair up. I never really had my hair down unless I was in my room. I loved my hair, but I couldn't risk anyone seeing it. It's was a bright red and it was very curly. Like Johns but more. I knew how different I was and last thing we needed was to draw more attention to us.

"M! You awake? Robins back and he wants to have a meeting before we go and distribute the loot to the villagers." Much yelled up the stairs.

I rolled my eyes and pushed myself out of my thoughts and got out of bed. "I'm coming." I yelled back.

I quickly got up and began to wrap my bindings. My chest was always an obstacle in the morning. When I was younger it was a lot easier to hide the fact that I was girl. I had smaller breast and didn't have as many curves. But as I grew so did my sheet and hips. So I wore my bindings for my chest and my cloak and baggy clothes to cover everything else.

Once I was done I made my way to the door and headed downstairs. Once I was at the top of the steps and I could feel there eyes on me. I tilted my head in question on why they were staring. John spoke first, "You okay? You hadn't had a scares like that in awhile."

My eyes widen. Last night. I woke them up out of there sleep. I didn't want them to worry. I put on my best smile and made my way to the bottom of the steps. "I'm fine." I said. And they all just nodded and went back to what they were doing.

I sat down in an empty space on one of benches and my eyes landed on Robin. He sat at the head of the table. He seemed.....disheveled. His eyes were a little glassy and he bags under them. He hadn't been asleep. Guilt charred at me. His eyes met mine and he gave me a sweet but tired smile. And I gave him one in return.

I decided to tear my eyes from and I began to look around the room. Much was in kitchen preparing breakfast, while John sat opposite of me, yelling back and forth with Will, as he stood next to him.

"Listen, all I'm saying is fighting with your bare hands are much better than using a weapon. Who doesn't love the adrenaline of getting up and personal with your opponent." Said John.

Will scuffed. "Spoke like a true blockhead. The whole point of daggers and bows, is to fight from afar. It's safer and it actually get the job done."

I chuckled at the sight of them. They were like cat and mouse, always bickering about something. They were polar opposite. Physically and in personality. Will was always calculated and thought everything through. He lead with his brain.

John however was a little more spontaneous. He didn't always think everything through. It drives Will insane.

Will gave him the finger and then eyes me for a second. "Hello, little sitter. Feel any better?" He asked with a smile and I nodded. He must not have been convinced.

John got up and plopped down next to me and gave me a quick kiss on the head. "If you say so, kiddo." He said with a smile. I smiled back. I appreciated that they didn't feel the need to pry. They were always patient, loving and understanding towards me. They never felt the need to push me and I was grateful for it.

"Alright since every one is here let's get into this." Robin said. "I met up with Friar Tuck earlier this morning. He will be here soon with the carriages. When we fill them up we will take them immediately to the villages. There will be three carriages. One with the money, one with the bread and crops , and one with the cattle."

His voice was loud and stern. "John you'll be taking the cattle's. Friar will be taking the food. And I will be taking the money. Will and M, and Much, you'll be look out. Watch our backs and give us a signal of incoming trouble."

We all nodded in agreement.

"Does everyone understand there rolls?" He asked.

"Good let's head out." As we left the hut, the sound of horses, creaking wood, and pebbles being crushed caught our attention. We all stopped immediately by instinct. Normally, no one comes this deep in the woods, so to hear carriages and horses put us on high alert. But we all knew it was Frair, so we forced ourselves to relax.

Friar Tuck pulled up with the last of the three carriages. I couldnt help but smile at the sight of the old man.

"Oh now you blokes want to come out. Cant believe you boys will let an old man such as myself take three carriages all the way here by myself. Do you have no respect for the elderly?" He yelled as he began getting out the carriage.

"Hey old man!" I yelled from the hut. He shot me an evil glare and my smile grew bigger.

Much hurried over to him to help him down. "See, at least one of you have manners. Thanks, my boy."said Friar Tuck. Friar didnt even look as old as he lets on. He's actually quite fit for a man his age. He was a strong old man, who hit like a bull.

"Oh Friar, you know we love you unconditionally. Now back on the carriage, your taking the food." Said Robin with an evil smile. Friar stood there with the most annoyed look on his face and we couldn't help but laugh.

Friar began murmuring unholy words under his breath as he struggled to get on the carriage he just got off of. I tried my best to hold in my laugh. I would try to help him but it was just to funny. After I had my fill of the funny site, I nudged John to help me help him.

Me and John moved our way over Friar and began to help him up. "For a holy man you have a mouth of a sinner." John said with a toothy smile. After he finally made his way back to his seat on the carriage he looked down at me and John. "Every person has a flaw, it whats in your heart that god judges." I rolled my eyes. "Whatever you say, dear Friar." I said. I honestly didn't really believe in a god. If there really was one then I would truly have some words for him.

"Whatever you say Friar." He said in a mocking tone. I rolled my eyes at the old man. "Scoot over old man. I'm hitching a ride with you." I said as I jumped next to him on the carriage. John had already made it to his carriage and Will joined him, while Much was with Robin. We began making our way to the village. It would take about an hour to get there.

"So mouse, how you've been?" He asked. I shrugged my shoulders.

"The same as usual." I said.

"Alright, then I'll be blunt. Robin wanted me to talk to you. He didn't go into detail, but he said you wouldn't talk to him about it, so maybe I should give it a shot. Did something happen last night?" He said.

I took in a breath. I wasn't mad, just caught off guard. However, I probably should talk about it with someone, and Friar always kept things we talked about between us.

I eyed him for second.

Was I really ready to tell him about my dreams? About my nightmares? About.....him?

I shocked my head, and took a deep breath. "Maybe another time. I want to focus on the task at hand." I said.

I could tell he wasn't satisfied but he let it go nonetheless, and I appreciated him for it. One day I'll talk to someone, but not today.

Picture of Jacob Collin Levy as Robin or Robert