chapter 50

I never knew broken a heart could become even more broken, but Robin continues to prove me wrong. When I met Robin. I had no name, just the stage names the brothel gave me. Ruby, Dark Rose. The girl with the crimson hair. Whore. Slut. Tramp. The list goes on and on.

So when I asked them to name me, I was so excited. Though I would never tell them that. I treasured my name. Given to me by the man I loved. Just to find out he name me after his ex.

"Oh Robin." Lady said. Well Lady Marian, I guess. I could feel the pity in her voice.

"Guy there told me all about it. A girl with crimson hair, who was in love with the man who steals from the rich to give to the poor. But when he told me that they named you after her, even I felt bad for you. Before you, Lady Marian helped them. You were a replacement." He said. Through everything Robin stayed quiet with his head down not meeting my gaze, until that last part. His head shot up and he glared at the sheriff and then his eyes softened when the lanes on me.

"That's not true, M." Robin said.

"Your right. You were actually a place holder. Til he could get her back. And now that he has, let's make a trade."

Robin......named me......after her. Any control I had nearly broke. A tear slipped from an eye. I kept my face as cool as possible, and I prayed he didn't see that bloody tear drop.

But clearly god isn't on my side. Because the lovely sheriff decided to wipe my tear away with a love lick of my cheek.

"When I get out of these ropes, I will kill you." Robin said. The sheriffs foot came out and kicked him the stomach. Then he snapped at the guards and pointed toward Robin. "Beat him."

I shut my eyes as soon as the words left his lip. The sheriff grabbed my face hard, forcing me to open my eyes.

A scream from behind filled my ears. Lady Marian was begging them to stop.

Sheriff began to force my eyes down. "If you close them, the longer this will take." He said. So I kept them open. I watched at there metal hands sliced the skin on his cheek. I heard the sound of flesh and metal slamming together. But he didn't make a sound. He just took it.

With every hit my control loosened. My lips began to wobble. And my eyes began to sting. Everyone around me was screaming except for me and Robin.

Then there was one punch. The sound was deafening. The impact hard. The look on Robins face contorted in pain I have never seen. The sob left my mouth before I could think any better. And once one left the other followed.

"Please stop." I whispered.

The sheriff shot up his hand, gesturing for the men to stop. The sheriff pressed himself against me. He was hard.

"Your tears always did sinful things to my body." He said as he watched my face.

I looked over the room. The angry Will. The half dead Guy. The screaming Lady. And my beloved Robin. So much pain. His face was swollen and filled bruises.

"Now about that trade. I will let all of you go. Including, that bloody traitor on the table, if you give her to me. Hell I won't even tell the Prince you were here today. The clueless bastard is probably somewhere buried deep in a whore. All you have to do is is leave, and she will stay."

"Your mad if think I will agree with that." Robin murmured through garbles of blood. He spit a wad of bloody spit on the Sheriffs foot.

"Strange that you think I was asking permission. The only reason I'm letting you go, is because I want to properly hunt you. People say you are the most challenging man to capture. An entertaining opponent. And I would like a fair fight. Contrary to popular belief I am a gentle man." As he said the next words he bent down to Robins level, bringing me with him. "Reason two, I know it's going to kill you knowing that I have her in my bed suffering every night and you can't do damned thing about it."

Robin reared his head back and slammed it into the Sheriffs head. He let go of my hair in favor of his bleeding nose. And before anyone could move, I grabbed the knife Robin always carried in his boots, and cut him loose.

"C-can y-you fight?" I asked. My stutter was returning. He nodded.

"You go for the men, I go for the lady." He nodded again.

"Don't just stand there you fucking idiots get them! Don't kill the girls!" The sheriff yelled.

And like that we were moving. I heard them before I saw them. I got up from the ground with the dagger in my hand, and spun around hoping to god it lands on someone. A yell ripped out of the man's voice as my dagger made its way in his eyes. How did I get in there I have no clue as long as it landed. I brought it down as far as I could splitting his face. He dropped. I grabbed his sword in exchange for my dagger, and I almost dropped it when I realized it was too heavy.

Time to improvise. I got good two handed grip on the sword and rushed forward.

"Come her you little-" before the Sheriff could grab me, slid under his embrace and slit the back of one of his legs. He buckled to the ground and I ran pass him toward the two guards holding Lady Marian.

Strike to kill. Don't think. Just do.

One of the men came rushing forward, while the other still held onto The Lady. I focused on the one in front of me. He had a sword in his hand but he's holding it lazy like he thinks it won't be a challenge. Good. He'll be caught off guard when he realizes I can kick I ass.

I have a great idea.

"You really need a sword to defeat little old me." I threw the sword to the side and got in a fighting position. "Come on then. Let's see how good the kings men can move."

A stupid cocky smirk crossed the man's face. and he threw the sword aside.

Gotcha.

The man rushed toward me and I easily side stepped him, he was immediately off balance and began to fumble forward. I used his unbalance to trip him. He fell on his face, once he was down, I stomped in the back of his head. Twice. One to knock him. An Extra just to make sure.

That was actually a lot easier than I thought it would be.

"Watch out." Yelled the Lady.

Before I could react I could feel a hard force ramming to my side, throwing me to the ground. My vision was momentarily blurry, and I could feel all my old aches coming back. The bruise that just healed were already making there way back. The cuts that were almost healed, opened once more.

The man above me took my moment of weakness as a chance to wrap his hands around my neck. I could feel my body begin to panic before my mind does. He pressed against the bandage that was on my throat. I scratched and clawed at him he didn't seem to budge. He squeezed tighter, and strange warmth came over my body, while a searing pain slammed in my throat.

Calm down. Focus.

I stopped fighting for air. I knew darkness was about come over me soon so I needed to move fast. I reached out my hands and landed then one each side of his head. Luckily he had small shoulder so it was my hard reaching his face. Once my hands were in the right position. With my last remaining strength I pushed my thumbs as deep into his eyes that they could go.