chapter 53

"14, clean this mess up, the rest of you are dismissed. It time for me to play with my new plaything." Said the devil. The reality of the situation hit me once more. I am back in the arms of my worst nightmare.

My hand went to my neck. God it burned. And now that I was thinking about it, every ounce of pain I was feeling hit me at once. My shoulder was throbbing like no other. My poor ribs were screaming, I just knew they were back to being black and blue. I thanked god I didn't have a mirror. Cause I could just imagine how I looked. I felt like an old woman who had just fell down the bloody stairs.

"Come, my pet. Let's watch your guest leave alone to burn in hell." The demon grabbed me by my braid and began to drag me around the castle. My head was throbbing something massive. I was regretting choosing this hairstyle. But again, I made no sound.

He pulled me through out the entire castle with an iron grip. It felt like some one was trying to peel my scalp off. Once we finally made outside at the top of the castle, he let go of my hair and grabbed my neck forcing me to watch the carriage as they left me.

I couldn't help the sad smile that appeared on my lips. Because it was highly likely that I'd never see them again. And I just prayed I had the strength to get the hell out of here like I promised.

As I watched them a sad thought crossed my mind.....I never got to try and use my bow and arrow.......

Will

As I stared into the fire I couldn't help but to let todays failure run through my head. The mission was to get the lady and get everyone out safely but we didn't do that. We left her.

My Mary.

My little sister.

I promised her I would leave her if she were to get taken. But we didn't expect.....him. Or at least me and the men hadn't. Did she know he was there?

No, she wouldn't have risked it if she knew he was there. She would've been left us if she knew. She wouldn't have stayed for the mission. She wouldn't have gone into that castle. I wouldn't have made that promise if I knew.....

Leaving her there was probably the hardest thing I'd ever had to do. She's said she would try to get back to us by tonight or tomorrow morning, but if she couldn't.......if she couldn't we will have to leave her. Not forever of course but there would be no reason for us to risk the lady after M literally sacrificed everything to get us all safe. It would be a slap in the face for us to end up getting captured the next day.

My heart ached, almost as much as my body did, or maybe even more.

"I got him to sleep, but I doubt he'll be sleep long." Said John walking from out the cave. He made his way to the fire that was set up at the entrance of the cave.

"How is he?" I asked. Ever since I had dragged the unconscious Robin into the back of our carriage, Much was almost a vacant vessel. As soon as he saw that she wasn't with us, I could see his heart shatter. And then the rage of broken man bubbles up in him. His eyes landed on the injured Guy. And he quickly put two and two together. He lunged toward the injured Guy and broke his nose. I had put Robin down safely next to Lady Marian, and wrapped myself around Much to immobilize him. I told John to take us him or we all die and I'll explain everything at the camp. And though he had heavy hesitation in his eyes he did as he was told.

The whole ride home Much was hysterical. I've seen him broken a few times but this one probably hurt the most. He broke when he had to leave his family, but he was still able to see them and know that they were ok. He broke when Archer left, but he was just happy that the boy was alive at the very least. But this... this shattered is all.

Once we got to the camp, no one moved out of the carriage, and we sat in defeated silence. After awhile, I finally told them what happened. They objected, wanted us to go back but we couldn't. We would've just been captured. Guy can barely move. Robin is out cold and I doubt he gonna be in his right mind. And I'm bruised, battered, and broken beyond understanding.

I'm the middle of one the scuffles I dislocated my shoulder and I had to quickly pop it back in and continue fighting. We only had John and Much, and let's face it. Much still doesn't have a lot of training so it'll just be John.

John moved his way to me with with a cloth in his hand ready to help me with my wounds. He crouched down up to me and began to test my arm. I winced a bit at the discomfort but I filled his lead with out complaint. "He's.......sleep." Was all he could say.

I just nodded my head.

He began to wrap the dislocated arm. "I can't believe you left her." He said.

I could feel my heart wrench at his words but I kept myself impassive.

"He didn't do it on purpose. They had no other choice. It was either everyone or just her. And we were overwhelmed. They fought there hardest but it was only three against a castle." Lady Marian said across from us with a still unconscious Robin in her lap.

I had to keep reminding myself she was tending to a head injury. Though Robin had the upper hand through out the majority of the fight, his devilish opponent had a mean right hook. There were bruises and gashes all over his face. One of his eye brows had a hash so big that it almost touched his hairline and his eye, however I believe that the cruel bastard used a weapon on Rob. His bottom lip was split and his nose was broken. And tho his eye wasn't swollen there was a dark hue around it. And I prayed he didn't pop a vein or something.

"I'm not blaming him. I didn't mean for it to come out as blame. It's just....the whole situation just seems so...... unbelievable. We really left her there, with...him...." John said.

The guilt was killing me. But I know I did the right thing.

"I know this isn't the right time but why did y'all name her after me? Or at least why did you allow Robin to name her that?" The lady asked.

I could see John cringe. Once he was finished he moved to sit next to me.

"She was happy. She was happy to have name. The one she was called only reminded her of her pain. So she wanted one that will help her to look for the future. I didn't have the heart to try and change her mind. The smile on her face when Robin named her had me. That's why I just left it be. If you wanna know why Robin name her after you your gonna have to wake til he wakes up." I said.

"You......broke me." Almost as if he was summoned, Robins scratchy voice filled the awkward silence that fell between us all.

Robin was awake.