chapter 13

After a few minutes, me and Robin decided to wrap up practice for the day. We gathered all the arrows, buckets, bows, and targets and made our way back home. The whole walk home was silent, and when we were almost two minutes away Robin stopped.

"M?"

I turned to him.

"What's going on, kid?" He asked. The look of concern was written all over his face, but I didn't know what to say.

"I'm ok." Was all I said. He shook his head.

"Kid, there's something wrong." He said sternly.

"I was just having a fit. It's not that big a deal." I said. That was a lie.

"That wasn't a panic attack. I know what your like during those. You were just..... sad." He said. And he wasn't wrong. I was.

"I've seen you at all of your worse, but that back there..... that was a first. You said you were scared? What are you scared of? Me?" He asked. I could hear the word in his voice.

Technically, yes. I am scared of Robin. But not in they way he thinks. I shook my head no. "Robin, I'll tell you everything once we complete the mission. Okay?" I said and I began walking toward the house. But before I know it, Robin is in front of me.

"Mary!" He said sternly. I looked him in his eyes. They were filled with determination. He wasn't gonna let this go.

Bloody hell! What should I do now? I avoided his eyes. Tell him the half truth. Then technically I wouldn't be lying.

"Is it true that the informant is your fiancé?" I said. Sorry Guy.

His face dropped a little. "Guy? He told you?" He said his voice void of emotion.

I nodded. Do you love her? "Why didn't you tell me? Everyone in the house knew except me." I said.

"M? I didn't purposely-" I cut him off.

"Did you not trust me?" I asked.

He shook his head no and took a step closer. He gripped my shoulder. "Mary, I trust you with my life. I just don't like talking about her. Mostly, to keep her safe, and also because we didn't part on the best of terms." He said. I nodded, but I guess it wasn't convincing enough. He shook me to get my attention

"Mary? Look at me." I did what I was told. "You are my family. The little sister I never knew I needed and I wouldn't do anything to jeopardize that, okay?"

Wow. Sister? That.... That hurt......

I put on the brightest fake smile I could muster, and just nodded my head. He seemed satisfied. He patted my head, and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"Now let's go in. I'm hungry." He said. He turned and made his way home. And I followed. I could feel the tears threatening my eyes but a pushed them back. I refused to cry twice in one day. I pulled my cloak back up before entering the house. And I prayed no one went out of there way to talk to me.

Threw out dinner Robin was giving Guy the dirtiest looks and though I was upset, it did make my soul do a little dance. And the fact that he had to sleep with him tonight made it all the better.

When it was time for lights out I had never been happier. I was soar all over, emotionally drained and the first time ever, sexually frustrated. I was the first to go up to my room and I was ready to welcome sleep.

I sat there on the bed waiting. Like usual. Waiting for him to bring in a customer. Will this customer be worst than the one before.

Knock. Knock.