chapter 38

After we finished cleaning after ourselves, it was time for me to change my bandages again. Thankfully, after today I won't need anymore treatment.

"Alrighty my dear. Strip!" She said cheerfully. I began to laugh with her. I took my clothes off she she began to change my bandages. While she changed then we chatted a little more.

"So how did you meet Friar?" I asked.

She laughed at the memory. "Well that's a long story." She said they met shortly after she killed the man who killed her lover. She was on the run and she asked for sanctuary at a church. Friar graciously gave it to her. However, once he found out what she did she almost kicked her out. Apparently, back in the day, our beloved Friar wasn't always so quick to help outlaws. But after hearing her story, he had thought god had punished her enough, so why should he?

He gave her food, a job, and a place to call home. And ever since then she has been by his side. He was her best friend. Nothing more nothing less and she would die for him. As would I. He had that affect on people.

"He really almost kicked you out?" I asked.

Her smile widened. "Yep. He was one uptight bastard when we met. But I couldn't blame him. I was on the run for murder, so can't be too mad at him being on guard."

"Do you ever regret killing him?" I asked thoughtlessly. "You don't have to answer.." I rushed out.

"Yes. I do. But not in the way you would think. My beloveds last moments were nothing pain. Though he said he couldn't feel the pain when I was near, I could him wince when he breathed. His eyes watering when he would move too much. His words coming out shakey, because he's trying to hide pain in his voice. He tried to hide for my sake. But it made his pain 10x more noticeable. I gave that man a quick death, while my beloved suffered for days. I regret not making him suffer the same." She said cooly.

........she's a badass.

"How are you and Friar friends?" I asked

She chuckled. "A lot of years. A lot of learning. And even more patience. We still fight like cats and dogs, but no matter what, that's my brother. And I love him to death. Kind of like you and the boys."

Almost on cue, loud voices from downstairs began to ring through the house.

"Speaking of the little angels. It seems your brothers and beloved are back." She said teasingly and I could help but laugh.

"Let me get your neck real quick. Once I'm done I'll head down and tell them your getting dressed and you'll be down in a minute." She said. I nodded in agreement.

Once she was done she put everything on the tray and headed downstairs, while I got dressed. Once I was done, I began to head toward the door. I opened it and was met with a smiling Friar.

"Hey old man." I said with a wide smile and wrapped my arms around him.

"Old? How rude!" He said jokingly. He squeezed me softly and picked me up for a moment.

Once he pulled away he began to look me up and down. "May said you were almost healed, but I want to take a look at your neck real quick." He said.

I craned my head up to give him access. He pulled back the cloth slightly and began to inspect it. He just made some grunting noises and talked to himself for a bit. "It scabbed over nicely, but it will leave a nasty scar. Luckily, it wasn't deep enough to cause an further damage." He said. His hand moved to my cheek.

"How you feeling?" He asked.

"I'm fine." I said.

He searched my face for a bit. "You sure?"

"Yes! Completely fine. I promise." I laughed out. "Now let's go downstairs and join the others." I said as I grabbed his arm and linked it with mine.

"I like what you've done with your hair." He said.

I laughed. "I've done it like this before."

"I know. I can still say it's nice. Take a compliment." He said as he guided me down the steps.

"Hey, beautiful. Loving the new look. Shows your face more. Never noticed you had freckles." Said Guy as soon as my feet hit the floor.

"You can see my face clearly when I'm wearing my pony tail." I said.

"It's not the same." Robin said.

I looked over at Robin shocked. "See even me and the leader man agree and we don't agree on anything." Guy said. I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, yeah. Anyway how'd everything go?" I asked as I made my way over to the benches to sit.

"Pretty good. There haven't been any run in with any soldiers lately, which is kind of strange." Said Much.

"Well that mostly because almost all of them are focused on securing the castle and there guest for the wedding party thing." Said Will.

"Wedding party thing?" Questioned Friar.

"I forgot the name." Said Will.

"You close enough dear. Come Friar. We must make our way back." Said May.

"Ah yes. Before we go, I'd like to pray over you all. Just to keep you safe tomorrow. It will ease my mind." He said. We all murmured our reluctant agreements. It's not that we didn't want the prayer, it's just that Friar had the tendency to take exceptionally long with his prayers.

After what felt like forever, Friar had finally finished.

"Alright. We best be on our way." Friar turned to me and leant down and gave me a kiss on my forehead. "You be careful and make sure to come and say goodbye before you leave tomorrow." He whispered the last part. I nodded my head and gave him a quick hug.

Friar began to make his way to the boys to say goodbye, and May was on her way to me. "You be careful, and next time I see you, you had better tell me that you and Robin are together." She said as she squeezed me into a hug. I couldn't help but laugh at the last part.

"No promises." I said. Mostly because I doubt I'll see her again.

We watched them head to there carriage and waved them goodbye.

"Alright. Will, start dinner." Said Robin. "The rest, to the table. We will go over the plan on last time."