LFC - Chapter Fourty-Eight

Monday, October 11th, 2027

Bliss's POV

Oh my goodness, every muscle in my body is sore. And Shane is laughing at the way I am walking.

"There is nothing funny, Shane."

"Yes, it is. Like the good husband I am, Mum and Lesia are coming to take you to the spa. And it's my treat. They are on their way to pick you up."

"Thanks, good hubby. I'm going to sit on the couch."

Shane purposely walked behind me down the stairs and laughed his head off. I couldn't turn around to pop him, so I continued to struggle down the steps.

Shane and Pilar are off from school today, so all five kids are playing nicely in the playroom.

After reaching the last step, I went straight to the living room. Now I can pop Shane's arm.

"Hush. Wait until I get to chuckle at you next Monday. Now turn on the TV."

After Shane turned on the TV, he then handed me the remote. Shane then chuckled out of the room. I turned to the Disney Channel because some of the kids were about to join me. Watch.

Shortly after I sat down, little Shane came into the living room. Jordan was right behind him, rubbing his eyes. It looks like it is nap time.

"Mummy, what's wrong?" Shane asked me with a puzzled look on his face.

"Mummy had too much fun this past weekend with the girls. Mummy hurt her back while jumping in the bouncy house."

Jordan and Shane sat with me on the couch. Jordan sat in my lap and rested his head on my chest. Yup, my baby boy is sleepy, so I massaged his back.

I wrapped my right arm around Shane so he could scoot closer to me. Shane and Jordan are mama's boys. Pilar, Raquel, and Raeni are daddy's girls.

Speaking of Pilar, Raquel, and Raeni, they are following Papa Shane into the living room.

"Here is a glass of water and some pain pills. I'll take Jordan to his room."

Shane handed me the water and pills, and then he picked up Jordan.

"Thanks."

Pilar, Raquel, and Raeni sat on the loveseat. "Mummy, what are you watching?" Pilar asked.

"What would you like to watch?"