LFC - Chapter Four

Shane's POV

Shane's POV

We saw Doctor Wallace coming out of Bliss' room. And, he saw us.

"Mr. Landes, your wife is coming along great. Her breathing is a little labored, but it is well enough that she doesn't need a ventilator. And I am going to switch her to a regular room now. I'll be right back."

"Thank you, Doctor Wallace." We walked into the room and over to the bed.

Bliss had tears in her eyes. She can't hold Junior yet, and I know it is hurting her that she can't. So, I placed Junior's little hand in Bliss' hand. She caressed his hand. Then, she looked at me and slowly mouthed, "I...love...you, Shane, and our...baby....boy."

"Shh, rest your voice, Darling."

When I looked down at Junior, it looked like he smiled because he knew his mommy was caressing his hand.

We have one very smart kid on our hands. I looked over at mum, and she had tears too. Well, who wouldn't? This is a touching moment, and we all are beyond ecstatic that Bliss has awakened.

I noticed her eyelids slowly closing. "Get some rest. We will come to see you later." After kissing her on her forehead, the three of us exited the room.

"Waah!!!!"

"Me too, Junior." We all are hungry. So, we walked back to the waiting room first.

"Everyone is welcome to come to the apartment. Junior is hungry, and so am I."

We all rode the elevator to the apartment. The hospital has a separate dining area for family members staying in the apartments. They even have like a mini grocery shop. And I even ordered a drink from Starbucks. I tried Bliss' favorite drink - a Cinnamon Dolce Latte with Soy milk, and actually liked it.

Everyone decided to order from Chipotle. All we had to do was order it from a computer in the room.

My arm is still in a sling, but I can lift it just enough to feed Junior his bottle.

Once he was done, my father held him so I could eat. I just ordered the burrito bowl because most of my strength goes to holding Junior.

There was a knock on the door. "I'll answer it, Shane." Julian goes to see who it is.

"Mr. Landes, Doctor Wallace wanted me to let you know we are going to move your wife now, and would you like to go with us."

"Yes, I will. Thank you." Eating will have to wait. The sooner Bliss gets better, the sooner we can go home as a family. "I'll be right back."

I followed the nurse back to the ICU floor. Doctor Wallace and several other nurses were in the room.

"We are going for a short elevator ride to the 8th floor. Your wife will be the only one in the room. It has a bathroom with a shower, as well as a small seating area for the family. Also, 3 to 4 visitors are allowed."