LFC - Chapter Fifty-Seven

Monday, January 3rd, 2028

Bliss's POV

Man, I'm glad I took this week off. I'm still tired from the trip. Plus, I have to talk with Ashton and Raquel this week.

Shane and Pilar are back in school, my mom is watching the twins, and Jordan and Shane went into the office today. I have the house all to myself. Well, Bandit, Raven, and Precious are with me.

I'll call Ashton today, then Raquel tomorrow. I might as well call Ashton now. So, I grabbed my phone and dialed his number.

"Hi, Ashton. It's Bliss."

"Hi, Bliss. How are you? What can I do for you?"

"I'm fine. I wanted to call you about the fashion show next month. I found out I'm pregnant with kid #6. I am now two months pregnant. But by the time the fashion show comes, I will be four months pregnant. I highly doubt I will be able to fit into the outfits for the company. "

"Congratulations, Bliss. And don't worry about it. I'm glad you called me because the company also has a maternity line they are introducing. The lead model they originally had will not be able to do the show. They wanted me to see if one of my clients would like the offer. I couldn't think of anyone until you just called me."

"Thank you, Ashton. That would be great! I would love to model for their maternity line."

"Great. I'll let the company know about the switch and get the new contract over to you. Hey, I have an idea. I'll call Layla and see if she can take your spot that week. If you talk to Layla soon, let her know about it and tell her to give me a call as soon as she can."

"Okay. I'll call Layla this evening and let her know."

"Thanks, Bliss. And congratulations. Focus on your little one. That is more important than anything else."

"I will. You're welcome. And thank you. Talk to you soon."

After hanging up the phone, I intended to take a nap, but I heard footsteps coming toward the living room. It was Shane with my school kids. Junior is so adorable when he walks with his backpack.

"Hi, Shane and Pilar. How was your first day back to school?"

"We had fun today, mummy. We learned how to write a sentence today. But you and daddy already taught us that."

Shane and I both stuck our chests out at the same time. My kids really are little geniuses. Shane and Pilar took off their backpacks and sat on the couch with me.

"We sure did. We wanted you and Pilar to do great things in school, and you are. We are going to do the same thing with Raquel and Raeni too. I hear Bandit running our way."