LFC - Chapter Twenty- Nine

Songs for this chapter: 'Daddy's Little Girl' by Michael Bolton

Saturday, June 8th, 2024

Shane's POV

I sure did get right in his face. "I told Bliss I was not going to make a scene because this was Raquel's day to shine. I really like Raquel. She is a sweet kid."

"You, I can't stand! Grayson, I have told you numerous times to leave Bliss alone. But you just refuse to listen. You invited yourself to my son's gender reveal party. Let's not forget Bliss' charity gala, in which she missed two freaking hours because her blood pressure was dang high!! You were the cause of it!! You wormed your way into that dang swimsuit photoshoot. It may have been a coincidence, and it may not, but you were in London on a photoshoot with Raquel. Bliss wound up in that. I allowed Bliss to do that shoot for Raquel."

"You conveniently are now moving to Miami, which I saw in the papers. Now, today your seating arrangement stunts pissed me off. What part of Bliss is mine and off-limits, don't you get?! It's bad enough you hurt us with that dang blackmailing scandal!!"

"I thought for a moment that we could have been friends after the cruise incident because I am grateful that you came to the hospital with Bliss. That thought is long gone now. This is your last warning - LEAVE BLISS LANDES ALONE!!! If it happens again, you won't like it!! Now, what are you going to do?!"

"Leave Bliss alone." He said it so ridiculously softly that I could barely hear it. He thinks I'm playing.

"SAY IT FREAKING LOUDER, GRAYSON!!!"

"I'm going to leave Bliss alone."

"So that you know, I recorded this whole conversation. I'm sick and tired of your games with MY wife. We are happy and have four kids at home that we adore. I will hurt you to the point of your death if anything happens to my family!! Do you understand me?!" I sure did push him against the wall and grabbed his shirt.

"Loud and clear."

"Game time is over!! I've had enough!!" After letting go of his shirt, I went back to join Bliss.

She was sitting down at the table. I grabbed a glass of wine before going to sit.

"Are you okay, Shane?"

"Sometime tomorrow, we are getting a restraining order against Grayson. It's time. I'm tired of his games."

"Me too. He reached for my hand on purpose. What is wrong with him?!"

"I have no idea, but I just finished letting him have it. Enough is enough. We don't have time for him. We have four kids to raise, and none of them are named Grayson."

Bliss's phone rang. She looked at it and saw that Julian was calling. We both started laughing as she answered it. "Let's go somewhere to put it on speaker. I need to hear this." We stepped away from the table and walked to a part of the deck. Bliss then answered the call.