LFC - Chapter Seven

'Anniversary' by Tony Toni Tone

Shane's POV

We are taking my yacht out to Barbados for two weeks. The pier at the vacation home is the perfect fit for both yachts.

"Julian and Carly are meeting us at the yacht to drive your truck back home."

"Huh, oh, okay."

"Are you okay over there?"

"I try not to think about it, but it still hurts. Our being separated for those nine months was hard. So much was lost for both of us. We should be approaching four years of marriage, not three. Junior should be three years old and not approaching one. And I am sorry for not talking with you the past few months."

"Darling, I think about it too. You're right. It was hard. And I am the one who should be apologizing. I'm sorry. We should have gone to therapy like you suggested in the first place. I was the one stubborn about not going. And, look at what I did - hurt you and put your arm back in a sling. The therapy has helped a lot. We have been through so much, but we are still together."

"Never to be broken apart again. When we get back, we should take a family picture. We don't have one. We can even take it in my studio. And I have an idea for it."

"I would love to. What is your idea?"

"King and queen thrones for us with a baby throne for Junior in between us."

"If he can sit still for 5 minutes."

"That's true. Junior sits still for grandma, so let's have Adrian there with us. I see Carly and Julian ahead."

After putting the truck in park, we got out.

"Hi, Julian and Carly. Thank you for coming. How is Daphne doing?" Bliss asks Carly. Meanwhile, Julian and I grabbed the luggage from the trunk and put the luggage on the yacht.

"Thanks, Julian. I'll meet you back outside in a few." I went up to the bridge.

"Hey, Shane, we are ready when you are to set sail."

"Thank you, David. We can set sail in 20 minutes. I'll go get Bliss and come back aboard." I went back outside.

"We have about 15 more minutes, and then we will be on our way to Barbados."

"Okay. Daphne wants to see her Uncle Shane." I grabbed Daphne from Bliss' arms. She looked up into my eyes, and I saw a smile.

"Hi, there, pretty girl. I hope you are being a good girl, unlike your cousin, who is a little terror."

"From what you just said, I gather Junior is a handful," Julian says while laughing like crazy.

"The boy is into everything. He tries to destroy the baby gates in the house. And, not to mention, he is trying to walk already. Laugh it up, Julian, because your darling wife was no angel. Just ask Nina." Now, who is laughing? Me and Bliss.