LFC - Chapter Nineteen

Opening video - 'Daughters' by John Mayer

Saturday, August 5th, 2023

Shane's POV

Thankfully, Junior is with mum and my father. Lesia and Julian Sr are with us at the house. I'm guessing they heard Bliss scream. After showering really quickly, I threw on a pair of jeans and a shirt.

"Is it time to go?" Lesia asked.

"SHANE LANDES, LET'S GET OUT OF HERE!!!! NOW!!!"

"It's time."

"Let's go. We'll drive too. I'll call Adrian." Lesia went to get Julian. I went downstairs to Bliss.

"UGH, what were you doing?!!!"

"Changing out of wet swim shorts. I'm here now. Let's go." I am trying to be calmer than when Junior was coming. My legs were shaking like crazy, and I wasn't even driving. But this time, I need to be as calm as I can because I am the driver.

Lesia and Julian came downstairs quickly. We all made a hasty retreat outside to the trucks.

"RAQUEL AND RAENI LANDES, STOP KICKING ME!!!!"

I tried to help Bliss in my Mercedes, but the look she gave me said otherwise. "Listen, the quicker I help you get in, the sooner we will be at the hospital."

"Fine." Bliss let me help her in. Once she let me do that, I dashed to the driver's side. To the hospital we go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lesia's POV

Shane parked his Mercedes in front of the hospital to help Bliss out. Julian parked right behind them. I got out too.

"Shane, go on inside. Give me your keys. I'll park your Mercedes. We will be in shortly."

Shane handed me his keys, so Julian and I then went to find parking spaces. We were able to find two right next to each other. After parking, we both ran inside the hospital, right to the receptionist's desk.

"Hi, yes, my daughter was just rolled in by her husband. She is about to give birth. Her name is Bliss Landes."

"The maternity floor is on the 4th floor. The elevators are right down the corridor on the right."

"Thank you."

Julian and I walked quickly to the elevator, then went up to the fourth floor. Once there, we walked to the nurse's station.