LFC - Chapter Twenty-Four

Monday, February 12th, 2024

Shane's POV

"I'm calling Jimmy. We are leaving for London after Pilar's appointment tomorrow. So, everyone drive home safely and pack some clothes for about a week."

"We'll go help pack for the kids first."

"Yeah, go do that."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jimmy: "Hey, what's up, Shane?"

Shane: "I know this is short notice, but can you get a flight time for tomorrow afternoon to London? My grandfather was rushed to the hospital."

Jimmy: "I'll see what I can do and call you right back."

Shane: "Thanks, Jimmy."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I went to pack clothes for myself.

"Shane, me, Adrian, and my mother packed for the kids. I'm going to pack for myself now. And I told Kim and my P.A. about taking a short leave of absence."

"Thank you. I'm loading the trunk tonight. Tell everyone to meet us at the airport in the morning."

"Okay. Adrian suggested that Shane, Raquel, and Raeni ride with them."

"Yeah, they can do that. And we don't have to come home. We are driving straight to the airport. You might as well get some rest because it will be a long day tomorrow."

"Okay."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bliss' POV

I woke up in the middle of the night. I couldn't sleep knowing that Grampa Eddie was in the hospital. I hope it is not serious. I turned over, but Shane was not there.

I had no idea where to search for him, so I started downstairs. I grabbed myself a cup of water, then went searching. Suddenly, I felt a chill. The door to the patio was open, meaning the alarm was off. It better mean Shane was outside.

I peeked and saw Shane sitting on the patio couch. I joined him on the couch.

"Shane, you need rest too."

"I can't sleep. I'm worried about my grandfather."

"I'm worried too. At least try to sleep for a couple of hours."

"I'm good."

"Well, at least come in the house."

"I'm good right where I am. You can go back inside the house. Jimmy called back. We need to be at the airport by 10:30 in the morning."