LFC - Chapter Forty-Four

Tuesday, September 7th, 2027

Bliss' POV

"Mummy, time to wake up."

"Okay, okay. I'm awake." I grabbed my phone to look at the time. Then, I glanced at Shane Jr., who was dressed and carrying his backpack.

"Uh, Shane, sweetie, it is only 5:30 in the morning. You don't have to get ready for school yet. And you still have to get a bath and breakfast."

Shane walked over to Papa Shane's side of the bed and started tapping him. "Daddy, time to wake up. Mummy says I need a bath."

Shane mumbled something in an irritated tone until he saw Junior standing beside the bed. He glanced at his phone and groaned, "Kids have no concept of time."

"What can I say? Junior is excited about school. I'm sure you woke up Adrian and Brently when you were a kid. I know I woke up my parents, and I'm not ashamed. We might as well get up."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Adrian and Brently entered the kitchen from the back door. "Good morning, everyone. How are Nana's kids doing?" Adrian says while Shane is still mumbling under his breath.

"The kids are great. They are so great that little Shane woke us up at 5:30 this morning. He even got dressed and carried his backpack."

"So that explains his father's grumpy face," Brently replied as he chuckled.

"Oh, Shane, behave. You are just reaping the benefits of being a parent. You did the same thing to us as a kid. So, now it is your turn. Out of you, Nina, and Carly, Shane, you were the only kid who woke us up. But you and Bliss have five kids. Enjoy the kid years while you can."

It was funny watching Shane grumble throughout breakfast.

"Pilar, sweetie, mummy is going with you today. And daddy is going with Shane."

"Okay, mummy."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jordan cried his little eyes out when we left the house, so Adrian would bring him to school after class so we could go to the park.

Shane and I were able to park next to each other today. After helping the kids out of their seats, we walked with them to their class.

"I see we are not the only parents who came on day 2 of school."

"I see 'Mr. Flirt with another man's wife' is here."

"Shane, remember you are in a classroom full of five-year-olds. Be nice."

"Oh, I am going to be as nice as I can. I need to make sure my message gets across."

"Shane, sweetie, make sure your daddy is behaving. And mummy will see you later."