LFC - Chapter Thirty-Four

Monday, August 25th, 2025

Shane's POV

"Repeat that again?"

"They are saying you are their son due to a mix-up."

"That's what I thought you said." I need to sit down for this. After putting Raquel and Raeni down, I sat down next to mum.

I can't tell whether this couple is sincere or not. People say the strangest things for money nowadays. I have to remain calm.

"Why now? Why wait until now to say I am your son? I'm 35 years old with a wife and four small kids. And I have a highly successful company to run. I don't have time for any games."

"Mr. Landes, we were just as surprised as you. Are the two little ones two of your children?"

"Yes, they are my twins - Raquel and Raeni. Say hi, girls."

Neither one of the girls said anything. They even got off the couch and left the room. Fortunately, my Nana was standing in the doorway. Raquel and Raeni are not shy. They are very friendly. Should I take their silence as a sign?

"My other children are at home with my wife. One day I'll bring them over. Now, can you explain what happened?" They can explain all they want, but I know who my REAL parents are - Adrian and Brently Landes. They better not have a problem with Bliss because I will shut them down instantly. And, once again, something happens while Bliss is pregnant.

"Well, you and the son we named Harrison share the same birthday - May 22nd, 1990, at Bellevue Hospital Center in Aldwych, which is in the London borough of Westminster. For 35 years, we assumed Harrison was our son. That was until earlier this month. We received a letter that was dated from two years ago. I know you're thinking the same thing we were - why are we just now receiving the letter?" The woman said.

Darn, right, I am thinking that.

"My husband and I had the intention of finding out why. We went to the hospital, but it is no longer in Aldwych. The building was renovated into an office complex. Here is a copy of the letter."

The husband handed me the letter. It looked official. It said,

"Dear Mr. & Mrs. Atkinson,

After an extensive audit that the hospital conducted at the request of the Prime Minister, we regrettably want to inform you that the hospital has made an error.

The son you know as Harrison Atkinson is not your birth son. The nurses made an egregious error and switched your son with Adrian and Brently Landes. Your birth son has been in their care since birth.

We sincerely apologize for this error. If we can be of further assistance, please call us at +2212345678901.

Sincerely,