LFC - Chapter Fourty-Nine

Tuesday, October 19th, 2027

Bliss' POV

Jordan is the calmest one out of the five Landes kids. Once again, he did not fuss when I used the nebulizer on him last night. He let me put the mask on him without a single tear.

We are having the family over for dinner to show them how to use the nebulizer. Kam already knows how to use it because she had one as a child.

I also talked with Janiyah, Sophia, and Tatianna about what happened to Jordan. They were glad that he would be okay.

Jordan is taking a nap now. Raquel and Raeni are practicing writing their names. You heard correctly - my girls can now write their names. We put mini desks in our offices for the kids. They love it, and it keeps the girls occupied.

Shane went into the office today. My mom is going to help me fix dinner for everyone. We haven't done that in a long time. It looks like Jordan is waking up from his nap.

"Raquel and Raeni, let's take a break. What would you like for a snack?"

"Some fruit, please, mummy," the girls replied.

I picked up Jordan from his playpen, then the four of us walked to the kitchen. After sitting Jordan in his chair, I washed my hands.

The kids love fruit salad, so I made them a big bowl of it. I grabbed four bowls and put some in each one. The twins got their bowls and sat at the table. I gave Jordan his bowl, then carried mine to the table.

We heard footsteps coming our way. Shane joined us in the kitchen.

"I finished up early with what I needed to get done."

"We are just taking a break and eating our fruit salad. There's plenty in the fridge. My mom is going to help with dinner."

Shane grabbed a bowl and helped himself to some of the fruit salad.

"Daddy, we practiced writing today," Raquel says to Shane.

"You did? Can I see it?" Shane replied.

"It's in mummy's office on my desk."

"They love their desks. Grandma Adrian bought them some paper, pens, and a cup to put the pens in so it can look like a desk at an office."

"I can't wait to see it."

"Dada," Jordan said to Shane. Jordan wanted to give Shane a piece of fruit from his bowl. He loves to share. We'll see about that one when Jordan grows up.

"Aww, my boys are so cute."

"What can I say? Like father, like son," Shane said with a dopey grin on his face.

"How about the father watch the son until I finish work for the day?"

"Go ahead. I'll watch the kids. Shane and Pilar should be coming home soon shortly."