LFC - Chapter Sixty-Two

Saturday, February 12th, 2028

Shane's POV

Andrea and Bliss both walked out of the living room. Talk about some devastating news.

"I'm going to check on Andrea." Mason left to find Andrea.

Everyone had puzzled looks on their faces. I began to explain what had happened.

"Mr. Anderson was the previous owner of Primedia Inc. He was Bliss's first boss. Bliss said he treated herself, Andrea, and Jessica as family - additional daughters for him and his wife. His company is where I first met Bliss. Mr. Anderson even attended our wedding in Barbados."

"Julian and I met them and thanked them for supporting Bliss, Jessie, and Andrea. We had a wonderful time talking to them. Poor Bliss and Andrea. I'm sorry to hear that he passed," Lesia said.

"I better go and check on Bliss."

Now I know Bliss better not have gone to sit outside on the patio. I looked out there anyway. We have an enclosed porch, but it is still cold out.

The snow was coming down at a rapid pace. Thankfully, Bliss is somewhere in the house.

I saw Mason as I was going to our room.

"How's Andrea?"

"Andrea is taking the news hard. I told her I would give her some space and check on her later. Shane, I tried to check on Bliss, but your bedroom door is locked."

"Thanks, Mason." Mason walked away as I approached our bedroom door. Sure enough, the door was locked.

"Sweetheart, please open the door. You know Mason, and I will not let you and Andrea go through this time alone. I'm so sorry that Mr. Anderson suddenly passed. We'll stay in New York for as long as you want."

I heard Bliss crying. She's taking it hard too.

"Please, Shane. I'm sorry, but I just want to be alone right now. I promise to unlock the door. But right now, I just want to be alone."

"I'll give you some time alone."

I walked back downstairs to the living room.

"Shane, how is Bliss?"

"Lesia, all I could hear was Bliss in tears and anguish in her voice. Bliss locked the door. She is heartbroken."

"I remember meeting him at your wedding. We had a nice conversation about how he was proud of Bliss, Jessie, and Andrea," Julian said.

"I saw the protective father mode when I asked him about Bliss at our first meeting. I could tell from that meeting that they were close."

"Why is it that something emotional happens every time Bliss is pregnant?"