LFC - Chapter Sixty-One

Friday, February 11th, 2028

Shane's POV

Bliss doesn't have any events today, so we are spending the day together, just the eight of us - myself, Bliss, and all six kids. The sixth kid isn't born yet. You know what I mean.

By the time we made it back to the house, Bliss had fallen fast asleep. She's still asleep, and I'll let her stay asleep. I phoned my secretary here and told her that we would come for a visit so she could meet the kids. Bliss's friends will be surprised too.

All of the kids are up, even Jordan. They are all bathed and dressed, watching television with Portia, Jacee, and Graeme. And we are indeed going to spend most of next week in NYC.

"Sophia, you are correct about the storm coming from the Midwest. New York is getting a blizzard starting tomorrow evening."

"I checked Portia's school website, and it is already closed through at least Wednesday. My university is closed too. We'll be okay. Griffin and I ordered a delivery of supplies for the house and the kids. It's coming today."

"Thank you, Griffin and Sophia. I'll have to call Shane and Pilar's teacher about next week."

"You're welcome, Shane. You and Bliss do so much for all of us. And how often are we able to get together as a group? We are taking advantage of this time and spending it with you all. Portia couldn't wait to spend time with Jacee and Pilar."

"That's true."

Janiyah added, "We'll have to do the same thing for Jacee. But she'll be okay too. Plus, she is excited about seeing snow for the first time. I am too. Well, at least a blizzard. It has snowed several times in Texas, but that was mostly flurries or a dusting of snow. We bought some cute snowsuits and boots yesterday. Get ready to be pelted with snowballs, Shane."

"Not if I get you first, Janiyah."

"Shane, watch out for the Kelley girls because Sophia and Portia have lethal hands when it comes to snowball fights."

"Thanks for the warning, Griffin. Portia, you like pelting your dad with snow?"

"Yes, Uncle Shane. Mommy said it is fun."

Sophia started whistling when Griffin smirked at her.

"I can't wait to see this snowball fight. I want in on it too. And how about boys vs. girls?" Niko said.

The ladies started laughing, especially Sophia. "Well then, Janiyah, Portia, Jacee, and Tatianna, we got this. Challenge accepted, Mr. Kostopoulos. Wait until Sunday. You all are going down!"

"A snowball fight? Ooh, that sounds like fun. I can't wait to see it. Breakfast is ready. Everyone can start washing their hands and head into the dining room. Shane, is Bliss okay?"