LFC - Chapter Thirty-One

Saturday, June 29th, 2024

Bliss' POV

We had the kids dressed in swimwear, ready to hit the beach.

Shane packed some food for us. We had plenty of chicken nuggets left. And he made burger patties for us.

We could have walked to the beach, but with four small kids plus food, we were driving. I have Raquel and Raeni in my Escalade. Shane has Junior and Pilar.

After parking, we unloaded the food, diaper bags, and kids. Little Shane started smiling and giggling as we walked to the sand. Pilar, Raquel, and Raeni stared at it. Shane and I took our sandals off to show the girls it was okay.

"It's okay, sweetie. See, dada is okay." Shane, Junior, and Senior started to walk off. The girls soon followed—what a relief.

We all held hands and walked in the sand. The girls started giggling too. I began to run a little. Then, I turned around and sat in the sand. "Shane, Pilar, Raquel, Raeni, run to mommy."

They all looked up at Shane, so he nodded, then pointed to me, giving them the okay.

"Mummy, sit," Little Shane says as he runs to me. Then, the girls followed. They love their big brother. My babies are adorable. Papa Shane sat with us as we played in the sand.

Shane and Pilar picked up some sand and watched it fall out of their hands. Ms. Raquel tried to put it in her mouth.

"No, no. See, do like mommy." I picked up a little, then tossed it at Shane. He just smiled as a way to say wait until the kids go to sleep. All four of the kids then threw some sand at Shane and giggled.

"Mummy has jokes, doesn't she?" Shane said while smirking.

Suddenly, we saw a helicopter flying over us. And it looked like they were snapping pictures. "Can't we have just a little time to ourselves? I mean, I understand that comes with the territory of being popular, but come on. I wanted to spend some time with my family."

"As long as they leave us alone. Now, if I saw paparazzi on this beach, then we would have a problem. This beach is ours for the day. Anyone not named Landes is trespassing. Let's go sit near the water."

Shane and I stood up, then took the kids to the water's edge. As soon as we sat down, they immediately started splashing. Raquel and Raeni began to get fussy when the water splashed in their face, so Shane and I sat them in our laps. Shane and Pilar just splashed away.

"Let's go fix something to eat," Papa Shane suggested. And I agreed.

************************************