LFC - Chapter Twenty-Seven

Sunday, March 24th, 2024

Bliss' POV

Grampa Eddie is finally out of the hospital. And is working on rehabbing his hip. Nana said things are going great.

Carly gave birth to Cameron Aidan Sanders, and he is so adorable. He was born on March 10th.

Raquel and Raeni are now seven months, and the crying is insane. They are still teething. And those little girls are trying to walk. We are in major trouble when that happens. But it's okay.

Shane and Pilar are adorable. Even though they are young, he is looking out for her already. I love their bond. We are now able to understand what they both are saying. Both kids are going to be super smart when they start school. Shane and I have already looked into a program that will give them a head start.

I planned a belated wedding reception for Shane and me so my parents could attend. Shane and I will wear our wedding attire just for my parents. It will be in July, after Raquel graduates from University.

I also planned a party for Pilar when she becomes a Landes kid. Raquel had some fantastic ideas for both. That party will be once we find out about the adoption. I told Raquel I would help with the decorations and things she needed. I can't wait to see them implemented. Both parties will be at our home.

Tomorrow is the home visit from the social worker in Pilar's adoption case. Shane tells me not to be nervous, but I am anyway. My parents are going to sit with Raquel and Raeni. Shane and Pilar will be with us.

Speaking of kids, they all just crawled into the living room, followed by Shane.

"Sorry, but the kids missed their mommy."

"That's okay. And thank you for a little quiet time. Shane and Pilar?" They both stood up and climbed on the couch. "Mummy." That's what Junior says now. Pilar says it too. I gave both of them a kiss on their cheeks.

"Raquel? Raeni?" They looked up too. Shane and I watched them put their hands on the couch and pull themselves up. They do everything together, so simultaneously, the girls started giggling.

Shane sat the girls on the couch, and then he popped in a movie.

Shane's POV

After one hour into the movie, everyone fell asleep except for me. I ordered dinner, so Bliss didn't have to fix it. Plus, she is nervous about the visit tomorrow. The place I ordered from is safe enough for Shane and Pilar to eat. The kids like chicken nuggets, so I just bought some tenders and will cut them up.

After officially becoming Pilar's parents, we are going on a vacation, just us with the kids.

Bliss is yawning. "Did I fall asleep?"