LFC - Chapter Forty-Two

Saturday, September 4th, 2027

Bliss' POV

It's party time for the kids. Everyone will start arriving at noon. Andrea and Mason stayed at the house. Shane, Mason, and my dad have started cooking on the grill. Julian, Carly, Brently, and Adrian are putting up decorations. Andrea, mom and I are in the kitchen cooking food and preparing meat for the grill. The kids are outside running around, except Jordan, who is in the kitchen with me.

"Bliss, honey, are you okay?" my mom asked.

"I am a nervous wreck about Shane and Pilar going to school on Monday."

"Bliss, you won't believe it, but Mason was more nervous than I was when Rihanna started school. It's a natural feeling, but Shane, Mason, and Pilar will be okay. You'll see."

"Andrea is right, sweetie. The kids will be fine. I cried until my eyes hurt your very first day of school. I even wanted to homeschool you, but your father was against it. The kids are very outgoing, and it will be easy for them to make friends. You have nothing to worry about."

I will always worry about them. It sounds like we have some early guests.

"Aunt Bliss!" It was Layla, Ryan, and the kids. "Aunt Bliss, I helped mommy make some cookies."

"Hi, Natasha. Did you? I can't wait to taste them. And look at Dakota and Dalton. You are so cute. Layla, the twins are going on four, right?"

"They sure are. The twins will be four this coming January."

"Time is flying fast. And where's Braelyn? I can't believe she is in high school already."

"Braelyn is saying hello to everyone outside. She will be in shortly. Logan, Natasha, Dalton, and Dakota, you can go outside and play now. Bliss, do you need me to help with anything?"

Jordan had the 'It's nursing time, mummy' look on his face. "I'm going to take Jordan and nurse him. We'll be right back."

"Bliss, I'll help in the kitchen. Take a break."

"Thanks, Layla. Come to mummy, Jordan." I took him out of his chair and carried him upstairs to his room. I asked the doctor about when to stop nursing him. She said most health organizations and doctors suggest a year or longer. Plus, Jordan has cut down on how many times he wants to nurse since we started giving him solid food.

He stopped crying as soon as I sat in the chair and lifted my shirt and nursing bra. He looks more like Shane every day. Jordan looked up at me and smiled. "You're happy now. You sure are, silly boy."

After Jordan was finished, I washed both his hands and mine. We then walked back downstairs. "Jordan, look who is standing next to Aunt Layla. It's Braelyn. Hi, sweetie. How are you? And, how does it feel being a ninth-grader?"