LFC - Chapter Forty-Five

Video for this chapter

Endless Love - Luther Vandross feat. Mariah Carey

Wednesday, September 8th, 2027

Bliss' POV

"Jordan, sweetie, did Kimona Mitchell just quit? Has she lost her mind?" Jordan looked up at me and placed a piece of apple in my mouth. "Thanks."

Wait until I share this bit of news. I had Shemar make sure Kim walked out of the building because she would not set her feet in here again. I dialed Shane's number first and put him on the loudspeaker.

"Shane, you will not believe what just happened in my office."

"What happened? Is Jordan okay?"

Jordan pointed at the phone and said, "Da-da."

"Jordan is fine. He misses you. Kim just quit. She no longer works with me. For now, I will promote a member of the Sales Team until I can find a permanent replacement."

"She did what?"

"I straight out asked her why she had an attitude with me while at work. She told me it was because I was friends with Layla. I told her to leave her personal issues out of the office and that I was her boss. So, she just said, 'I quit.' Then, she left my office. Shemar escorted her out of the building because she would not be allowed inside again. I don't have time for childish grownups."

I could tell through the phone that Shane was not happy.

"She is fortunate to have Giselle and Matthew. Otherwise, she would be looking for employment in another state."

"Shane, it is what it is. Kim is the one that will suffer, not me. I'm not worrying about her anymore. I do worry about Giselle and Matthew."

"We'll see what happens."

"I'll see you later. Jordan is squirming in my lap, so I'm taking him to the playroom. Say bye-bye to daddy, Jordan."

Jordan waved to the phone, then wiggled out of my lap.

"Jordan waved bye-bye to the phone and took off for the playroom. We'll see you later."

After hanging up the phone, I texted Layla to see if she could come and chat for a little bit. Within five minutes, she texted back that she was coming. So, I checked my emails until she came in. After five minutes in the playroom, Jordan came back into my office and went to lie down on the couch.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Layla's POV

"Hi, Bliss and Jordan. How are you?"