LFC - Chapter Forty

Friday, January 16th, 2026

12:00 pm

Shane's POV

This week has been great. Both Bliss and Jordan have fought off their infections. I am beyond ecstatic.

Yesterday, I even got to hold him. He's so fragile. I thought I was going to hurt him. The nurse carefully placed him on my chest for skin-to-skin contact. Then, I covered him with my shirt to keep him warm. Jordan is still unable to breathe on his own, so he is still attached to the ventilator.

He did gain a little weight. Jordan is now 5 pounds and 3 ounces.

Doctor Baldwin cleared Bliss to move around, so I will bring her to see Jordan today.

Mini-me is reading his mummy a story. Shane really is a smaller version of me. It seems like he gets taller every day. His hair is now the same as mine. He mimics so many things that I do for Bliss. He loves his mummy very much. For example, the other day, I held Bliss's hand and caressed it. He did the same thing. And Junior helps with the girls too.

The twins stay glued to me. The girls are smaller versions of Bliss, even Pilar - dainty with beautiful smiles. Even Shane smiles like Bliss. Okay, now I will say it - we are in trouble when they grow up. My kids are going to be charmers.

Raquel and Raeni worry me. They are twins, after all. They will probably go through that switcheroo stage sometime down the road. They are with Lesia and Julian Sr. Shane and Pilar are here with me in the hospital. They are staying with me in the mini apartment. The twins will stay with me next week.

Pilar is sitting with Bliss, also. Some have even thought that Shane and Pilar were twins.

"Daddy, no more story for Shane," Pilar says. I did some research to see where Pilar's parents are from. She has Brazilian roots. Her father was from Sao Paulo. And he did pass away two years ago. As for Pilar's mom, I'm having trouble finding out more about her. Once Bliss and Jordan are out of the hospital, we need to have a serious conversation. Pilar's family has a right to see her. Brazil would be the best place to start first.

"Let's go get something to eat so mummy can get a nap. Mummy is going to see your baby brother today. Kiss mummy."

"Bye, mummy." Both Shane and Pilar kissed Bliss' cheeks. Then, I helped them off the bed. I kissed Bliss too. The three of us then left the room.

************************

5:00 pm

Bliss' POV

I am so excited because I finally get to meet my son. Shane said we couldn't wear any jewelry, so I took off my earrings and wedding rings. And, also now that the infection is clear, the doctor gave me the okay to breastfeed. Shane and I agreed to try it with Jordan.