LFC - Chapter Fifty-Six

Saturday, January 1st, 2028

Shane's POV

4:30 pm

"Daddy, when is mummy's plane coming home?"

Shane has asked me that question at least five times today. I can't be mad at him.

"It should be landing soon. How about you and Jordan ride with me to the airport to pick her up?"

"Okay, daddy."

Cris and Ryan are driving with us as well. Then, we're coming back to the house for a family dinner.

I went to get Jordan, who was giggling from being tickled by Niko.

"Jordan, look who just came into the living room?"

"Dada."

"I'm going to take Jordan and Shane to the airport with me. I better get going too. Otherwise, Raquel and Raeni will want to come too."

"Go ahead, Shane. We'll distract the twins."

"Thanks, Niko."

I picked up Jordan and went to find my father. He was talking to Julian and Kalani the last time I saw him. They were outside, so that's where I went.

Cris and Ryan were with them too.

"Shane, Jordan, and I are getting ready to go to the airport. The plane should be landing soon."

"I better get Isabella and Gabby because they wanted to ride with me. I'll meet you out front, Shane."

"I'll meet you out front too. Natasha wanted to ride with me."

"Dinner will be ready when you all come home."

"Thanks, dad. Jordan, let's go get your mum."

*********

I couldn't answer my phone, but I did see a notification on the dashboard of my Tahoe that Bliss sent a text, which meant the plane had landed. Shane will be happy about that. He's talking to Jordan in the back seat.

"Daddy, did mummy's plane land yet?"

I can answer the question this time. "Yes, Shane. Your mum, Aunt Kam, and Layla are home."

"Yay!"

After turning into the airport parking lot, we made our way to the security gate for private airplanes.

"Hi. My plane just landed from St. Lucia a few minutes ago. My name is Shane Landes. The two vehicles behind me are with me as well."

After checking his report, the guard said, "Mr. Landes, your plane is on runway #2. I'll open the gate."