LFC - Chapter One

Bliss' POV

Bliss' POV

WAAH!!!!

As soon as we got home, Shane helped me in the house, and Grandpa Brently carried Junior inside. Thankfully, we have two bedrooms on the main floor of our house. Until I am painless from my c-section, Shane and I are sleeping downstairs. And Junior's crib is in our room. I tried to sit up on my own, but it hurt like crazy.

And we have been Grayson-free since the charity event. I am very excited about that project. Shane told me that enough money was raised for two spacious centers for homeless families. So, in September, Shane will help me start looking for space for two large plots of land for centers.

Shane went to grab a baby bottle, then came back into the bedroom and picked up Junior. Then, he sat in the rocking chair he put in our room and fed Junior. I love looking at my boys. I love them both very much. They are so irresistibly cute. I can't help but smile at my family.

After Junior was fed and burped, Shane sat on the bed and laid Junior on his chest for skin-to-skin contact.

Then, I started crying.

"What's wrong, Darling?"

"I still have nightmares of when you were shot. What if you didn't make it? I wouldn't have you or Junior with me. It still hurts, Shane."

He scooted over closer to me because it hurt for me to move after the c-section. I laid my head on his shoulder and cried. "If you had died, I would have died of a broken heart. I have lost too many people close to me - my parents, Jessica, and my grandma. I couldn't take it if you died too. Am I crazy?"

"No, sweetheart. You are not crazy. I know at the time we were not together, but when you were in the hospital from the incident at the fashion show, I thought I had lost you. I did all I could to find out who did that to you. I still think about the time we lost out of our relationship because of that blackmail scandal. And, how, what if you never forgave me? There was no way I was going to stand there and let Alexander shoot you. Absolutely no way. It was my responsibility to protect you."

"I think I need a therapist to help me, Shane. I really do."

"How about therapy sessions with mum and Nana? If that doesn't work, we can get professional help."

****************************************************

Narrator's POV

Andrea delivered Mason Jr. on June 10th. He weighed in at 9 pounds even and was also 21 inches long. 

Over the next two months, Bliss's pain from the c-section was minimal. But Shane still did not let her do any household chores. He wanted her to relax, and he would take care of the rest.