LFC - Chapter Fifty-One

Monday, October 25th, 2027

Shane's POV

The jealousy in society is beyond ridiculous!! Our SUVs were parked close, so I clicked my doors open.

"Kids, the truck doors are open. Have a seat, and we'll be over shortly."

Bliss clicked her doors open too. We are about to go off on these nosey bats, and I don't give a hoot who hears it.

"Excuse me, but repeat what you just said about my son and daughter?!"

Not one of them said a word.

"That's what I thought!" I let Bliss chew them out so I could check on the kids. I could still hear her yelling.

"What gives you four the authority to tell us to send our kids to another school because you idiots are jealous?!!! We can send our kids wherever we darn want!!!!! My husband and I don't flaunt our wealth through our kids at all!! We don't even flaunt it, period!!!! Shane and I do all we can to support the community because we love Miami! We earned everything we have!!! Shane and I have already been through enough these past few weeks!!!! So, we don't need four whiny, JEALOUS parents to tell us where to send our kids!!!!"

A crowd started gathering, and we didn't care.

"You need to worry about your own kids and leave ours alone because they are staying at Ocean View. It's not the kids who are humiliated! It's you! Like I said, we don't flaunt that we have money! My kids can wear whatever they want!! Not that it's any of your business, but they wear non-name brand clothes too! Don't worry about what my kids have or wear to school!! They are here to learn like EVERY kid in Ocean View! I will tell you what I tell others who stick their nose in Landes business - MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS!!!!"

"Daddy, is mummy okay?" Shane asked. He loves Bliss to pieces and tries to protect her like me. So, I understand why he seems concerned.

"Mummy is upset at those people because they said something disrespectful about you and Pilar."

"Why? What did we do?"

"Mummy and I will explain later. Right now, I need to grab your mum before it gets worse."

I closed the doors on both SUVs and then went to get Bliss. Wait until my mum hears about this. Every time Bliss and I come to the school, something happens. It never fails. These four nosey bats will find out all about Adrian Landes tomorrow because I'm going to snap a picture. Watch.

"Leave my kids alone!!!"

I sure did take my phone out and snap their picture. "Bliss, let's go. I need to calm you down before you have a heart attack. If we ever hear you talking about our kids again, you won't like it!"

We started walking back to our SUVs.

"This happens every time we come to the school. Why?"

"I was just thinking the same thing. I hope Shane and Pilar never tell us that someone is bothering them because I'll need to be hauled off to jail. I'll give you a few minutes to calm down before we drive home."