LFC - Chapter Eleven

Wednesday, March 22nd, 2023

Bliss' POV

"Sorry for the loud scream, but Ashton called to tell me that I was asked to be a presenter at the biggest sports awards program. American Sports Magazine's Awards is being broadcast in June. He told me someone could sit with me during the program, and I want you by my side. He also said I could bring my family with me. I am not leaving my child here in Miami. So, someone will need to come and stay with Junior."

I gave Junior kisses on his cheeks, and he calmed down.

"That is great news. How about we celebrate?"

"I need to get my bag and glasses, and I will be ready. We still need to go shopping to fill the kitchen."

"After lunch, we can go shopping. Meet us outside. I'll drive the Escalade because we are going to need it."

Shane grabbed Junior while I made my way to our room for my bag. I grabbed my sunglasses, too, because the sun was shining bright today. I went to Junior's room too. We bought him baby sunglasses. I got to protect my baby's eyes too. Then, I made my way outside to meet up with my boys.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shane took us to Longhorn Steakhouse. Yes! I love their food.

"How did you know I was craving a steak?" I asked him as he picked Junior from his car seat.

"I didn't. But I did check for allergy-friendly restaurants, and they were on the list."

"You are one smart and sexy dad." I gave Shane a smooch before we entered the restaurant. As we entered the restaurant, we walked over to the hostess stand.

"Hi, how can I help you?" When the young lady looked up, she was surprised. "You're Bliss Landes! It is so great to meet you!" By now, everyone looked our way.

"It's nice to meet you too. We have a party of three." I waved at everyone who now saw us.

"Please follow me to your table. Would you like a booth for privacy or a regular table?" The hostess asked.

"A booth, please. And we need a booster seat for our son."

"Okay." She grabbed a seat for Junior, then we followed her to our table.

Shane Junior and Senior sat together on one side. And I sat on the other. Our waiter came over shortly after. I asked, "My son has a peanut allergy. I want to order the chicken tenders for him. Are they fried in peanut oil?"

"I can check for you. I'll be right back." While waiting for the waiter to come back, I grabbed my phone to take a picture. "Smile for the camera, boys." Both Junior and Senior smiled at the camera for mommy.