LFC - Chapter Two

Shane's POV

Shane's POV

I was horrified as one of the criminals shot at Bliss twice, and she went tumbling backward down the stairs. "I have to find a way to get her! She can't die!"

Grayson must have overheard what I said because he whispered, "Listen, just for once, let's put aside our differences. We need to create a diversion so that you can go to Bliss."

One of the guys screamed, "Why did you shoot her?!!!!!! She didn't know we were up here!!!"

They ran over to the steps and looked down. "This is not good. The instructions were not to shoot anyone!!!!"

Then, they looked back at the patrons. "Someone needs to go get her and bring her upstairs! If you try anything funny, you're going to pay!!"

I didn't waste any time jumping from our table and running to get Bliss. It broke my heart to see her lying on the ground, unconscious.

I was afraid to pick Bliss up for fear of hurting her and making it worse. Blood was oozing from her, but I didn't know where. As tears started falling out of my eyes, "Darling, please don't die! Junior and I need you!"

Slowly, I picked up Bliss off the ground and carried her upstairs. Then, I laid her down on one of the couches I saw. Her body felt lifeless. It hurt so much. I took off my shirt and looked for where she was bleeding. She was shot in her left shoulder and her abdomen. I can't lose her! I just can't!!

"I need to get my wife out of here now!!!"

"You and your wife are not going anywhere, Mr. Rich. You are the dude that drove the Rolls Royce SUV."

"You can have the freaking truck!!! I DON'T CARE!!!! The valet has the freaking keys!!!! If she dies, consider yourself dead!!!! You shot an unarmed, defenseless woman!!!! Be prepared to tell our two-month-old son that his mother died senselessly!!!!"

Suddenly, some more people with guns entered the room.

"What is the commotion going on in here?" I'm guessing he must be the leader who asked that.

"Your trigger-happy friend shot my wife!!!!"

He was not happy.

"My orders specifically stated that you would only shoot if there were trouble!!! Do you have any idea who you just shot?!!!!! You shot Bliss Landes, idiot!!! She wouldn't hurt a butterfly!!!" The boss guy yelled to the guy who shot Bliss.

Grayson slipped me a piece of paper. Once the thugs walked away from where I laid Bliss, I read what he wrote. "Shane, I sent an SOS message from my Galaxy watch to rescue us and have Bliss transported to the hospital. They are on the way. I really am sorry for my part in breaking you and Bliss up. I see how much you love her. I hope one day I can find someone like Bliss. Now, get her out of here."