LFC - Chapter Forty-Three

Sunday, September 5th, 2027

Bliss' POV

Woo, I am exhausted from yesterday. Graeme, Janiyah, Jacee, Niko, Tati, Griffin, and Sophia stayed at the house with us. Of course, we stayed up for a while after the kids went to sleep. Shane was not in the room when I woke up. I checked the kids' rooms, but they were also gone. I must be the last one up.

I did smell Starbucks coffee, so I made my way down to the kitchen. That's where everyone was. Jordan was banging his hands on his highchair table while Shane was trying to feed him.

"Good morning, everyone. Sorry for waking up late." I gave each one of my kids a kiss, even Papa Shane.

"Good morning, Bliss. Don't worry about it. You had a busy day yesterday. Janiyah, Sophia, and I fixed breakfast for everyone," Tati says. I gave each one of the ladies a hug.

"Thank you." I went to fix myself a plate of eggs, bacon, toast, and a cup of Starbucks coffee. There was a seat next to Shane, so that is where I sat.

"I'm so glad you all could make it. Yesterday was such a fun day. Layla, Kam, and I couldn't wait to plan it. We are going to do it every year now. Next year Raquel and Raeni will be going to school."

"Hey Bliss, what happened to your friend that works with you?" Janiyah asked.

"You mean Kim? Janiyah, I have no idea what is going on with her. She snapped at Layla, and they were no longer friends. She even got smart with me a few times. I told her she better watch who she was talking to because I was not the one. She only talks to me about work things now. I have five kids to raise and no time for drama. I have no problem firing her if she keeps that smart-alecky attitude with me."

"That's sad. Kim stands to lose a lot."

"She sure does, especially if she gets in between Austin and Braelyn. I'm going to drop off the gifts for Giselle after I finish breakfast. Who wants to take a ride with mummy?"

I knew Shane would go with me. He is my driving buddy. Well, he sits in his booster seat in the back.

"Mommy, can I go for a ride with Aunt Bliss?" Jacee asked Janiyah. She is so adorable.

"Janiyah, I would love for Jacee to ride with me if it is okay with you and Graeme. Jacee can sit in Pilar's booster seat. One of my bodyguards is going with us as well. His name is Shemar."

"Jacee, you can go, but you need to behave, understand?"

"Yes, mommy. Thank you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jacee and Shane had a kid conversation while I drove to Austin and Kim's house. It's been a while since I have even seen Austin. I wonder how he will act.