LFC - Chapter Thirty-Six

Tuesday, September 9th, 2025

Bliss' POV

I told Layla and Kam that for the rest of the week, the kids and I would spend time with them.

Because of what happened at the school yesterday, we have delayed a meeting between us and the people coming forward to say they are Shane's birth parents. I don't believe it one bit, but we shall see. The dinner has been changed to next week. It will be at our home, so we don't have to take the kids out of the house.

We are eating breakfast now.

"Uh, Papa Shane, yesterday after you left the house, I received flowers - from Grayson."

Shane is quiet, which means he is mad. I looked at him, but he didn't appear mad. He probably was cussing up a storm in his mind.

"I threw them away immediately. I did keep the card and took a picture of the flowers for future reference, just in case he tries to pull a stunt. Here is the card that was attached to it."

I slid it over for Shane to read. He read it and slid it back. "I have to hand it to him - he is creative in trying to communicate. Besides Alexander, Chase, Judy, Mikayla, and Milena, I can't stand the man. Absolutely keep it for future reference. This time we won't need lawyers. I do believe he is sincere in apologizing. Over my dead body, is he setting foot in this house."

"He sure isn't."

"I finish, mummy," Shane Junior says.

The kids were all finished, so Papa Shane helped them out of their booster seats. No more highchairs. Well, Jordan will have one.

"Let's go visit Aunt Lay first." That's what little Shane calls Layla. I made my way to the bathroom first. I should have frequent flyer miles for how often I have to use the bathroom because of Jordan. Once I was done, I went to grab my bag and sunglasses.

I'm guessing everyone is outside because it was quiet in the house. I went out the front door, and sure enough, they were. Shane put Raquel and Raeni in his SUV. Shane and Pilar are in mine.

"Those two really are inseparable. I tried to split Raquel and Raeni up, but they were not having it. I'm surprised you didn't hear them screaming."

"I didn't hear a thing. Shame on you, Shane, for trying to split them up." I started laughing as I sat in the driver's seat. I looked back at Shane's SUV to see him grinning. Oh well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, September 15th, 2025

Shane sat the kids together on the loveseat. All he has to do is give them an 'I'm going to tap your booty if you don't behave' look, and the kids sit still. He looks at me like that sometimes. Oh, and I give him one back, too - a 'you are going to be lonely tonight' look, and Shane gets to sleep on the couch.