LFC - Chapter Fifty

Wednesday, October 20th, 2027

Shane's POV

It's worth repeating over again - I can't stand Grayson. Jordan, Raquel, and Raeni are coming with us; that way, I can remain calm. Shane and Pilar are going to mum's house after school.

"Where are we going to lunch?"

"We rented one of the restaurant rooms at the complex. I did that so we could have plenty of space to spread out magazines and bridal books on the table."

"Okay. I'll park in the garage."

The restaurant is on Bliss's side of the complex. After parking, I helped the twins out of their seats and handed them their bags. Bliss picked a sleepy Jordan out of his seat. I grabbed her bag and Jordan's backpack. Hey, I am not ashamed to carry my wife's bag.

"Raquel and Raeni, hold hands as we walk to the elevator, understand?"

"Yes, daddy." After they grabbed each other's hands, we all walked to the elevator.

I had to keep telling myself to remain calm because I had an attitude even pressing the elevator button.

The elevator stopped on the restaurant floor. We stepped off and walked to the hostess stand.

"Hi, Mrs. Landes. Your room is ready."

"Thank you, Maria," Bliss replied.

We followed Maria to the reserved room.

"Maria, we're waiting for Raquel and Grayson Kendall. They should be arriving shortly. We'll order something for the kids to nibble on. Raquel and Raeni, what would you like?" Bliss asked the twins.

"Chicken tenders, mummy," the girls replied. They love tenders.

"We'll take two appetizer platters, Maria."

"I can have some tenders made for the girls. It's not a problem. I'll put the order in the kitchen. What about drinks?"

"Water is fine. We don't give the kids soda."

We sure don't. They would be bouncing off the walls if we gave them soda.

"Okay. I'll have your server bring the drinks for you."

"Thanks."

Maria then left the room. About 10 minutes later, the most heinous person I know walked in with Raquel.

Bliss's POV

Ugh, time to put on the phony act for Grayson.

"Hi, Bliss and Shane. How are you? And look at the twins. How old are they now?"

"The twins are four now. They will be going to school next year. As for me, It's been a rough start to the week. We found out Jordan has severe Asthma. He has to use a nebulizer."