III

So, the hotel's on fire, and I swear it wasn't my fault.... I think...

In the dead of the night, the room began to feel warm even with the air condition at its coldest setting. Completely uncomfortable, I forcefully opened my eyes and for some odd reason, there was smoke coming from the hallway seeping into our room. 

Grabbing both bags of stuff tossing them onto Hisoka's torso, I portaled us to the garage of the hotel which was about to be smothered in the fire as well. I'm just glad I got to the car before it could be destroyed in the fire.

The top floor mysteriously caught fire causing all occupants to vacate. Seeing that we're on the floor below it, it's alarming to me why anyone didn't come banging at our door. That being said, the garage is at the side of the hotel, each floor with access to it. Luckily there were no vehicles on the top floor. Otherwise, the whole thing could have come down. 

With Hisoka as well as our belongings in the backseat of the car, I portal down to the streets of the city stopping just across from the hotel. The only usual thing about tonight's events is Hisoka being in the backseat completely comfortable and still sound asleep. 

The upper 3 floors now ablaze, a car explodes in the garage sending rubble flying to the next building. Residents, as well as others from the hotel, have now come out to spectate. Maybe it's best to get out of here. 

This entire mission just keeps getting weirder and weirder. Cryptic is a person in the racing scene, that much is a known fact. The people there seem hesitant to speak about him which could also aid what little info we have. Guess I don't have a choice but to wait till tomorrow. 

About to start the car, my eyes fall onto my arm, 3 red scratch marks covering my entire forearm. They don't hurt, not in any shape or form. Where did I even get this?! Brushing the thought to the back of my head, I drive down the street searching for another hotel of some sort. 

Luckily after a little while, I find a small but well-kept hotel not too much out of the way. Waking Hisoka up, I get us a room while he gathers our stuff. Granted this place is closer to the racing grounds, but it'll do for the time being. Hopefully, I won't run into anyone.

Another hotel caught on fire while I was in it, subsequently, Hisoka seems to have been with me both times, both times staying asleep. I'm starting to assume this is more than just pure coincidence. 

For some reason, there's a door that leads to a small balcony looking to the city. Not questioning it, I hop onto the concrete wall of the side and just gaze out into the many busy lights of Tokyo. It truly is beautiful any time of day. It's mesmerizing. 

This whole not being able to feel pain thing as well, not to mention the feeling of being in a different reality more than usual.. it's creeping me the fuck out. For some reason, my mind keeps wandering back to the night when Hisoka was drunk and asking me to marry him. It wasn't like him, but at the same time, it was. Just not the version I'm used to. 

Speaking of the devil, he didn't waste any time climbing into bed and snuggling himself under the covers. He slowly went from being alert in his sleep to not caring. At least when I'm with him. I find it adorable when I feel him searching the bed to pull me into him so he can sleep. It'll forever be one of the many reasons I love him. 

"It's freezing outside, why don't you come here?" He calls to me. My head snaps over to him watching me through barely opened eyes. 

"The cold never bothered me," I chuckle hopping off the wall to join him in bed. 

"Really? I never noticed," He sleepily smirks. He pulls my back against his torso snuggling his head into my neck, one of his arms under my head, the other holding my free hand against my stomach. "You're thinking again, aren't you love?" He whispers sleepily in my ear.