XIX

The moment I step foot back into the living room of the house, my internal alarms go off the second I see Illumi surrounded by the rest of the guys as they seem to be looking at something on his phone. Their backs are faced to me, none of them seemingly unknowns to my arrival. 

Their giggles and snickers alarm me even more as my body slowly moves towards them, trying to see what they are looking at. 

"She hit herself in the eye once with those," My entire being freezes as realization crushes me. Within a fraction of a millisecond, a kunai leaves my hand and whirls towards Illumi at light speed. He, unfortunately, manages to catch it effortlessly between two fingers, not even batting an eye as he continues to show the guys my childhood pictures. "Oh, you're back already? How was your day?" He asks.

"WHERE in Celestia did you get those pictures from?" I ask as calmly as possible. 

"I've always had em, you just never knew," He explains nonchalantly putting the kunai on the coffee table in front of him. 

"I don't see the fuss love, you were quite adorable with pigtails even back then," Hisoka chuckles as he looms over me to see the cursed picture. Elbowing him in the gut, he steps back 

Just staring at young 10 year old me with braided pigtails running from Mike, the widest smile plastered on my face as I hold his chew toy in my other hand makes me cringe so badly. I didn't even do my own hair back then. Silva or Illumi always did it for me until I was like 12 or so. 

"You actually hit yourself with it in the eye?" Kuroo teases. 

"A few times yeah. I tried chopping them off because I became so frustrated with them until Illumi started tieing it in a ponytail instead. 

"You didn't do your own hair?" Kema adds. The guy's so adorable I wanna keep him. His knees to his chest while both his hands hold an onigiri as he delicately munches on it. 

"Not until I was like what, 12 or so? When my mom got sick, my dad spent most of his time taking care of her, so I stayed with our granddad, Silva, and Illumi. Silva is Illumi's dad," I explain. 

"Wait, you guys have different parents?" Kags adds. Guess we didn't tell them. 

"It's a long story, but none the less we're siblings regardless," I giggle wrapping my arms around the white wall's neck. "Delete those motherfucking pictures or you won't have a neck attached to this pale ass body of yours," I warn with a sweet loving tone. 

"You're welcome to try, though I doubt you'll be able to live without me for more than a few seconds," He argues in his usual monotonic tone as he continues to scroll through endless embarrassing pictures of us in our younger days. He passes one that catches my attention.

 Having to tiptoe, I stretch forward swiping back at the picture. Zooming in on the background, a smile creeps onto my face unconsciously. 

"I didn't know Hisoka was a stalker," Illumi speaks, breaking me out of my daze. There, not too far behind us trying to look as casual as possible, is a younger Hisoka looking directly at me, a smile on his face. It's another picture of us from the circus we went to. 

"I told you he was into you from the beginning," I joke. 

"He wasn't my type then and still isn't now," He answers back.

"I'm right here you know," Hisoka mutters from above me. His chin on the crown of my head looking down at the phone as well. 

As embarrassing as it is, we all continue to huddle around Illumi as he scrolls through memory lane. 

"Oh hey, it's the pink dress your mother almost stabbed me for," I joke. While in town I saw a pink cherry blossom dress that reminded me of mom's favorite kimono. When I went to pick it up, that whore almost stabbed me through the hand. When we got home, I told Grandpa about it and he went back to get the dress and surprised me.