XVII

"Stop pestering me you jerk or I'll stab you," I shriek at Hisoka who's lying on the bed behind the pile of clothes I'm staring at for the past almost half hour. Hate to admit it but I'm just buying time so I don't have to go. 

"You often fret regarding how long it takes for me to get dressed, yet you've been staring at the clothes for 20 minutes," He chuckles getting up to stand behind me. He rests his chin on the crown of my head, his arms snaking their way around my waist. Letting him get away with it, I unfold my hands and put them on top of his. My body visibly relaxes into his, a bit of my stress fading away. 

"Can we just stay here and so something else?" I whine. 

"Oh, what did you have in mind?" He growls raking his hands up my sides. 

"I'm standing here in nothing but a towel and you're really asking that?" I smirk. He kisses my forehead and leaves the room.

"After the mission my love. I'll be in the kitchen, come downstairs when you're finished, oh and do try not to take forever," He waves me off. Man, I really thought that would work. I even dropped the towel a bit lower so my boobs would show a bit more. 

Fine. If he's not gonna take the hint and make an excuse to stay home and rearrange my uterus, guess I'll just have to be petty about it. 

Grabbing a red strappy lacy bralette, I pair it with some high waist black shorts and thigh-high boots that come up just mid-thigh. Tie my bomber jacket around my waist, add some gold hoops while also leaving my hair open and I'm done. 

Shoving my phone into my back pocket, and some kunai into my boots, I portal into the kitchen disregarding the eyes of everyone on me, and take an energy drink from the fridge whilst casually leaning against the counter. 

"Hisoka, what did you do?" Athena huffs whilst glaring at him. 

"I did nothing, all I said was that she was taking longer than myself to get dressed," He defends putting his hands up defensively.

"Ah, I see. You look nice mom," She chirps turning to face me. 

"Thank you," I smile back at her. Glancing at the clock over her head, it's almost time for the race. "We should get going," I huff. The guys nod, all of them shuffling around grabbing their gear. Kuroo kisses Athena on her temple before leaving. "You wanna come with us,?" I smirk at Athena, her eyes start glowing excitedly looking back and forth between Kuroo and me for assurance. 

"You're for real? Like for real for real?!" She squeals excitedly. 

"Sure, that is if Kuroo's willing to be your driver and company for the night," I smirk turning to Kuroo who's still in shock. 

"You're cool with this? No tricks or anything?" He asks in disbelief. Nodding, Athena squeals and jumps out of the stool pulling Kuroo outside towards the cars. 

"Just know if you're gonna do it in the car, leave the windows open just a smidge," I smirk. 

"MOM!" She shrieks stomping away all embarrassed. 

I call it a strategic move. With Athena around Hisoka isn't gonna pull any moves on me which means I can continue to discreetly tease and torture him without any repercussions. Athena already knows about Cryptic as well as the situation so I'm not too worried if they cross paths. 

Whilst our usual idle antics occupy our waiting time, I can't quite seem to keep my mind in the present. Maybe it's a lack of sleep, a calm mind, and some good sex, unfortunately, 2 of those are unavailable to me at this point in time so all I can do is hope is that my pettiness gets Hisoka frustrated enough he takes the lead so that I don't have to admit I wanted him to press me against a wall and does as he pleases.