XXXVII

"Could it be possible he was altering your mind while you were there?" She mulls over the question searching her mind. 

"I'm not sure. It could be possible," Her answer sparks my interest

"Why would it be possible?" Personally, I feel like that would be something no king should do. Especially to his own child.

"After a nasty fight between him and mom, he would take her to the library, sometimes dragging her forcefully but then when they came back out she would be quiet as a mouse but she would look somewhat dazed. She was constantly staring into oblivion,"

As if I needed another reason to dislike him more. 

"Do you think he did it to me too?" I can't decipher if she's asking me or telling me. Maybe a little of both?

"Considering the fact you hated me at first but now you're seeking my comfort, I would place a hefty bet on yes," I attempt to lighten the mood which gets me a small smile from her. Out of the corner of my eye, I catch a glimpse of the clock. It's already 8 pm. "Come on," 

Releasing my side of the hug, I get up and offer her my hand to come with me. She takes it and I lead her to the kitchen. With my instructions, she takes out 2 bowls from the cupboard as well as the whipped cream, honey, and her mother's hidden salted caramel sauce while I cut up the fruits. As I put the fruits into the bowl, she adds the whipped cream and caramel while I wash up and tidy up any mess we made. 

She looks on in awe at her artistically placed mounds of whipped cream, filling the gaps between the fruits, each individually drizzled with caramel with the most proud look in her eyes. Taking the can from her hand, I spray some on her nose, breaking her from her trance. Her lighthearted laughs drown out the dark feelings she had not too long ago. Handing her a fork, I ruffle her hair a bit before wishing her good night, taking the other bowl up to my little dragon. 

"Wait, Hisoka, didn't you want one?" She calls out to me.

"I very much assume your mother isn't going to eat it willingly unless I eat with her so I just made hers a larger size to trick her into eating all while I only eat maybe half," I answer. Wishing her goodnight again, I head up to my room. As I suspected, she's lying on her side of the bed gazing out onto the balcony. A heavy sigh escapes me as I walk over to the bed sitting on my side. 

"I know you don't want to talk or do anything for that matter, but would you at least eat this with me? I made it just the way you like it," I try to bribe. For a moment, she doesn't respond. Just as I'm about to get up, she grabs my arm and pulls me back to sit down. With the agreement of every two bites she takes, I take one, and she lets me feed her without a fuss till it's all gone. 

 I know with the utmost certainty that she hates when people walk on eggshells around her. It makes her feel fragile, so I'm doing my best to act as natural as I can. Granted, it is a bit difficult when conversations are one-sided.

Placing the bowl on top of the minifridge, I grab her a bottled water and open it for her. She gladly takes it, nearly finishing it in one shot. 

"You've been in those same clothes all day, I'll get a bath ready for us and then we can go to bed," She nods in response as she starts to untie the wrap part of her top. Taking off my t-shirt, I lay it on the bed for her to use when we get out. 

All her favorite bath salts, bath bombs, bubble baths, and other little things she uses, luckily for me, are all stored in glass jars under her side of the sink vanity. She labels them and each jar has either a scoop or little tongs to get what you need. Yet she calls me extra. 

One lavender bath bomb as well as a little of everything else later, she comes in with her towel draped around her perfect body, whilst mine hangs over her shoulder. Holding onto her waist, I place a soft kiss on her forehead before taking both towels off her to hang them so she can climb in.