XLIV

-3 WEEKS LATER-

"WAKE UP, WAKE UP," Reya squeals, excitement bursting at her seams. "It's Christmas," I can feel her jumping on the bed between Hisoka and me, yet I can't bring myself to get up. It's too early. 

"Sweetie, please," I groan wrapping myself back into the blanket. "Wake me back up in an hour," She drops to her knees, throwing her body on top of mine dramatically. 

"Come on! This is the one day you should be getting up early," Roman adds. His voice seems further away, leading me to believe he's not jumping on the bed with Reya. That accounts for 2/3 of the misfits. I wonder where Athena is. Reya gets up to jumps again, but her legs lose balance, falling over Hisoka's body. 

"Whoops," Within a flash, Hisoka grabs ahold of Reya before she falls off the bed beating me to it. He pulls her to sit between us, his arm slung around her shoulder. 

"Now, haven't I warned you against these games for this exact reason little one?" He asks her sweetly. Each day it seems as if the spot they have in his heart grows with no end.

"Sorry Hisoka. But it's Christmas, you two should be up with us," She defends looking between us. Hisoka's eyes find mine, waiting for my decision. My eyes dance between Reya's puppy eyes and Hisoka's cheeky ones. He's enjoying seeing the twins use the same tactic on me that I use on him to get my way. 

With a heavy sigh, I oblige and send her and her brother downstairs. The second the door shuts, I lie back down gazing at the ceiling, Hisoka chuckling at me. He leans over, kissing my forehead, the tip of my nose, and finally my lips.

"Merry Christmas love," he mutters, his lips barely touching mine. I wrap my arm around his neck pulling him in for another few light kisses prolonging any further activities. 

"Merry Christmas to you too," His arms snake around my waist as he flips us over so that I'm sitting on his torso. 

The kids had asked us to match with them today. The girls would wear a red dress, while the boys would wear green pants with a white t-shirt. Hisoka somehow found a white tee with a green club on it. Where he gets these I have no idea. I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little envious.

The dress Eva, Athena, and I got was from the same store and luckily enough they had a size for each of us. It's a casual red high-neck sleeveless maxi dress with slits on either side up to the knees. The fabric's soft and comfortable which is great to stay in all day. Since there wasn't one in Reya's size, she got one of the same material, but it's a spaghetti strap instead, at least we all have pockets in the dresses. 

The warm welcoming fragrance of waffles draws me to the kitchen, the lovely chef being the one and only Athena. Engrossed in the 3 different pans on the stove, I opt not to intrude on her. She gets temperamental when people enter the kitchen when she's cooking. My nose takes me to the backyard where Illumi and Eva are grilling up something delicious. 

"Careful you go up in flames Lulu, cardboard burns easily and I'd hate to be down a brother," I tease taking the stool next to Eva.

"Careful you end up in the pool, you know witches melt," He snarks, not missing a beat. 

"That's strike 1 Lu," Eva chips in as she twists side to side on the barstool playing with the straw of her pina colada. Strange, I don't see the rum around to make one for myself. We must be out. 

"Strike 1? What for?" I ask, sitting at the bar beside her, Hisoka sitting beside me. Her eyes glance towards Illumi who shrugs before turning his back to us. 

"We made a bet. He has to go the entire day without insulting you otherwise he doesn't get sex for a month," A sly smirk lingers on her lips. 

"Seems harsh," Hisoka chuckles fixing his gaze towards Illumi who responds with a middle finger in Hisoka's direction.