VI

"Absolutely not. That's the same dress you showed up to the troupe's hideout with after I met you in the Hunter's exam. It was hard not to pounce on you then so no," He comments at the red dress I pull out from the racks. 

I wasn't in the mood to go shopping so I'll just wear something I have already. Though having Hisoka as an advisor is a pain in the ass. He's shut down the past 3 dresses even though I've worn them out with him. 

"You are absolutely no fucking help whatsoever," I grumble rolling my eyes at him. 

"Why are you two home?" Illumi comes into the closet leaning against the door frame. Ignoring him I continue to pull out different dresses I may have...there aren't many. At least that can still fit me anymore.

"Researching ways how paper is useless waste in the modern-day, kinda like how you are" I huff looking through the racks for something formal as Hisoka shakes his head at every single one of them.

"Your birth certificate was a waste of paper," He answers monotonically

"And you dear brother were a waste of sperm," I fire back.

"Says the one who wasn't supposed to be born," he retaliates. Staring at the white expressionless wall, I just suck my teeth followed by flipping him off. 

"Wait, why?" Hisoka intervenes now curious.

"I was supposed to be born before Illumi so I think Silva or dad said that if it wasn't a boy my mother would have to abort me. They had suspected that I might have been born with silver hair and blue eye to take the Zolyck throne as well but they couldn't be sure. By some miracle, my dad changed his mind and well, here I am, not a male but still got more balls than the rest of the men in this family," 

"Oh," Hisoka huffs

"Why are you two home? Is the mission complete?" The white wall asks again

"You see-" Hisoka goes to answer but I cut him off. 

"The target's motives are unclear. By the stroke of luck, the opportunity to get closer to him arose but the condition is that it is at a formal event," I explain. He doesn't answer.

"Black dress from the mission with Hisoka in York New," He turns on his heels and walks away. 

"THANK YOU" I yell to him knowing he probably is rolling his eyes at me. 

"Why didn't you tell him?" Hisoka coos softly.

"I'll manage," 

"Well that's reassuring," He argues sarcastically. He gets up from the table and stands behind me draping his arms around my waist resting his head in the crook of my shoulder. "You don't have to do this you know," 

"It's my job, I have to," I admit. I'm forcing myself to do this, but I need to. To get some kind of closure I guess. To get a reason to kill him. I'm worried that he isn't gonna give me one. 

"You're zoning out again,"

"Sorry," I whisper out.

"Okay," He spins me around to face him lifting my chin to meet his golden gaze. "I'll be right in the building next to you keeping an eye on you in case things go array. So don't worry that pretty little head of yours," He kisses the top of my forehead, reassuring me that it'll be fine. 

The black high neck lace mermaid dress with capped sleeves, a diamond cutout at the chest, and a front split. The bottom of the dress is flared lace and has a fuzzy trim at the end. Illumi actually chose this dress for me. 

"I don't like this one, choose another?" He beams getting me to laugh just a bit. 

"No. If I let you choose we're aren't gonna be leaving this closet anytime soon," I smirk smiling up at the now pouting clown. Grabbing the dress and a few accessories, I portal us back to the hotel. We have time to kill till before tonight so we can just laze around or, I don't know maybe pay Kuroo and his friends a visit.