XXXVI

Silva, continuing to rub the inner corners of his eyes, sighs heavily, obviously done with the entire ordeal. 

"Look, we don't know much about this, Father and I can't get anywhere near it. But, reluctantly, you can. So we need you to keep your head on this and dissolve this situation before it becomes a real pain in the ass,"

"Go home, all of you. That's an order. That means you as well Hisoka," Grandpa Z orders. "You boys are off duty for the next month. You deserve a little rest after the shitstorm you just went through. I'll be in touch after your month is up. Now go," 

Dismissed, we start our quiet hike back to the Kazumi house. She drags her feet behind Illumi and me, her arms wrapped securely around herself. It aches to see her in this state, but there is little that I can do to make her situation any better. The most I can do is be there by her side through it. Though, I feel like this is just the beginning of a long tedious pain in the rear we have to deal with. 

As we enter the house, the stillness around us is quite alarming. No signs of life seem present around us at all. We did portal them here, didn't we?

"I'm going to lie down," my little dragon mutters from behind me as she makes her way towards the elevator. 

"Eva has the kids with her at her parent's place. She said she'll be back at nightfall," Illumi sighs as he leads us into the living room pouring us both a hefty glass of bourbon, placing the bottle on the coffee table. At least they're all safe.

"Speaking of her, how did the medical tests go?" I ask sitting in our usual spot at the coffee table. He follows suit not long after sitting beside me.

"With her family's known medical issues, it's hard to say exactly. She's fine for now but because ill-related deaths do run in her family, it may be unpredictable. Everyone in her family who has died of it never saw it coming and even if they got diagnosed, they couldn't find the source in time. She mentioned cancer, lung failure, and heart failure as some that they did find but couldn't stop. So really, it's just a waiting game," 

The worry on his usually apathetic face speaks volumes. His worry for Eva as well as (Y/N) is getting to him. His poor heart probably can't handle the stress of both of them. Emotions have always been a hard subject for both Illumi and (Y/N) but now that they have exposed themselves to it, it's occasionally challenging to adapt and process.

"What about Reya's abilities? Surely it could help?" I suggest.

"She's not able to use it at command yet on her own. She isn't fully aware of what she can do and if it may have any side effects. So until her awakening or whatever they called it, she can only help soothe her symptoms as best she can,"

"What symptoms has she been having?" I question.

"So far it's been nausea, migraines, a constant stabbing in her lower back, sometimes she can't breathe properly because her chest feels tight, and just overall a constant state of overwhelmingness from any and everything. It's like all her senses have been heightened in the worst way possible,"  I stare at him in confusion as his genuine lack of understanding of the female body seems to display itself.

"Have you tried a pregnancy test?" I ask nonchalantly whilst watching my drink swirl in the glass. "No judging of course but judging from the fact you two used a torture dungeon for sex, I would give it a glance," 

"She's on birth control, some IDU I think it's called? DIU? Something like that, " He answers as if it's the most obvious thing in the world. 

"While that may be the case, it's not always 100% guaranteed protection, maybe 95% at most," I chuckle slightly amused by this ordeal.