XVIII.II

Hisoka's POV

"Her condition's worsening isn't it," Illumi asks, both of us watching from above as she involuntarily waits on tables in that tempting outfit. I will say, the view from above is quite lovely. 

Though she has tried her hardest to hide it, she's been severely anxious as well as on edge, more than she usually is. 

"Unfortunately, yes," I admit defeatedly. I had hoped it would simply fade into memory but it hardly seems to be the case. In addition to her constant being on edge, her nightmares seem to have no end, her abilities go haywire when she sleeps, and above all, she's terrified. There have been extraordinarily rare times where true fear and terror got to her, those thankfully disappearing within a short period of time. 

Regrettably to say, this time isn't like the rest. It worries me greatly knowing the extent she goes to so that no one shares her burden with her.

"You're aware of what could happen in the event she-" He continues. Illumi has a knack for bringing up the things no one wants to admit. 

"I know. Trust me. I know," The thought alone of it disturbs me deeply. 

.......

*Present time*

Watching as the glowing waves crash against the shore does nothing to ease the thing inside of me constantly worrying about my little dragon. Fact of the matter is that I wouldn't be able to go back to what use to give me a sense of being. 

While I still intend to hunt down the rest of the troupe, I'd much rather do it with my little dragon by my side. 

Noticing a presence beside me, I'm pulled out of my thoughts to meet my little dragon about to sit next to me. Grabbing her hips before she could hit the sand, I place her body between my legs, securing one of my arms around her waist, the other on her thigh. 

"Do we have to go back?" she whines softly, breaking the comfortable silence that lingered between us. 

"Soon, but not now. There's no harm in staying a bit longer," I hum kissing the crown of her head. 

It's moments like these that I hold dearest. 

"Wouldn't it be nice to live here?" she sighs tilting her head back to rest on my shoulder, her steel grey eyes staring up at me.

"It would, though I suspect we won't be able to do that considering the hectic state of our lives. Though, it would be nice to visit every now and again," I answer. 

Truth be told I would love to stay here with her forever and not care about the world around us, but she has her duties to attend to, and I have my own missions to complete. 

Silence befalls us again as both of us keep our gaze upon the ocean in front of us. A few moments pass by when the intense pressure on my hand gets my attention. Coming back to reality, seems my little dragon's worrying again. 

It hurts me to watch her like this, she doesn't deserve it at all. If only I could take it all away from her. I prefer her when she's her usual self. 

"Love," I call to her softly. Back in reality, she gazes down at my hand on her stomach realizing she's been squeezing it to the point her nails indent my skin.  "It's alright. You're fine," I reassure her placing a soft kiss on her temple. 

You'll be fine soon, and then we can go back to the way things were. 

Though I fear the worse is yet to come, I just have to hold out hope that it'll all be okay. Frankly, it's all I can do really. 

She'll never know the true extent of how much she means to me. Nothing can quite describe how much I love her and nothing can even come close to explaining the extent I'd go to keep her by my side always. 

As bad of a reputation I may have accumulated, I wouldn't think twice coming to protecting this little life she's showed me. And that's a promise.