XXIV

Is this clown looking to get his ass kicked? Why is he not in bed with me?! Dragging my body to the kitchen looking for him, no one's here. Why is this house so quiet anyway? Normally the guys would be up training or something? You know what, I'm just going back to bed. I'm not mentally prepared for this shit. It's too early. 

About to drag myself back to bed, my path is blocked by a tall firm but also soft wall, none other than my lovely boyfriend. 

"Are you really going back to bed?" He pouts tilting his head to the side. 

"Yes. Yes, I am. And I expect you there with me in 2 minutes,"  I order letting out a loud yawn. He just laughs. He brings one of his hands up to my cheek cupping it in his warm palm. 

"Love, do you know what today is?" He chirps grazing his thumb along my cheek.

"Friday?" I ask slowly sleeping away on myself. He chuckles lowly, his thumb still grazing along my cheek. 

"Firstly, today is Wednesday, and secondly, you're missing a very important date," He hums. 

"If it's our anniversary, I actually have no clue when that is," I remark.

"Neither do I, but still no," What the fuck could today be then?

"I give up," I huff. 

"It's your birthday love," He chuckles. My eyes widen as realization hits. Whatever little sleep I had in my system is now completely flushed out. 

"OH FUCK. ILLUMI!!" How the fuck could I forget our birthdays!??! Normally Illumi's birthday is how I know mine's near. 

"I guess he wins the bet then. How unfortunate," Hisoka huffs beside me pulling me out of my panicked daze. 

"What bet?" I ask ready to snap someone's neck.

"Illumi and I bet that you would forget both of your birthdays, but when you did remember you would immediately think of him instead of yourself," These assholes betted on me.

"So it's not my birthday?" I ask completely confused. "Also how did you lose that bet? You should know me by now. I'm rather disappointed in you baby," I pout.

"You do have a point," He hums. "But to answer the other question, not yet. But Illumi's own is today" He chirps putting his hands on my shoulders bringing me closer to him before securing his arms around my neck.

"So why did you leave me alone in bed so early in the morning?" I whine wrapping my arms around his waist.

"The little devil duo woke me up to take them for waffles," He chirps.

"Did you just call the twins devil duo?" I ask trying to stifle a laugh

"Maybe," He smiles coyly

"Fitting," I giggle.

"I have one question for you though," I huff.

"Our waffles are on the counter baby. I can grab them if you'd like and we can take it upstairs and eat," He answers with a warm smile across his face.

"Can you take me upstairs too? I'm tired,"  His hands unwrap from my neck gliding up the side of my face to cup my cheeks pulling me in so he can kiss the tip of my nose.

"Sure," He smiles brightly. Picking me up bridal style, he walls back into the kitchen so I can grab our waffles as he takes us back to our room. He also bought me a smoothie for which I am grateful.

Now unto more important matters, what the fuck am I gonna do for Illumi's birthday?

"Babe," I mumble lowly, my body and mind slowly falling asleep in his arms.