XXXIII

Hisoka's POV

The empty space beside me as I turn over to pull my little dragon in wakes me up in a state of panic, my mind already creating endless scenarios of where she could have gone, none of them leading to anything good, especially given the state she was in after last night's events. It is a bit after 1 in the evening. Maybe she's downstairs making food. 

The high-pitched feminine scream from the backyard sends me flying out of bed and off the balcony to see what's going on.  Seems the Crimson crew had the same idea as me since they're all now in the doorway of the back porch completely in a daze, Bokuto's eyes threatening to shut. 

"Sorry guys," A voice giggles from the bar, the sweet voice belonging to none other than my little dragon. Relief washes over me knowing she's safe, however, the wide smile on her face disturbs me greatly. 

"Who screamed?" Kuroo yawns dragging himself to the bar to sit. 

"Sorry," A small voice answers from behind the bar. Walking around to face us, is none other than half of the demon duo, the trickier one at that, none other than Reya. While she may appear cute and non-threatening, she shares her mother's qualities. I've watched her play poker with the crimson boys and win. Truly talented that one. Her other half comes up behind her, his eyes glued to his gaming device.

Kenma and Bokuto run to the demon duo picking them up to greet them. They're quite fond of them, and the feeling is mutual since their eyes light up when they're together.  Leaving them to their greeting, I waltz over to my little dragon. Standing behind her, I wrap my arms around her waist leaving no space between us as I pull her into me. Though soft, the moan that escaped her lips didn't go unnoticed. 

Her hands lay on top of mine, her fingers grazing the back of my hand slowly. Her body leans back into me, her head laying against my shoulder allowing me easy access to cover her neck in kisses. She stifles back a moan as I kiss on her sensitive spots. For such a cool day, I find it strange she's wearing loose flowy pants that reach to the ground with a simple black tee. 

Seems I was right to be disturbed. Though her face doesn't express any form of distraught, her body's tense and rigid. She's putting up a front for everyone so that they don't worry about her. My arms tighten around her, an expression of comforting her, but more so of my desire to hide her away from everything causing her distress. 

"Happy birthday mi amor," I whisper in her ears placing a kiss on her cheek. She chuckles lowly, a moan caught in the back of her throat.

"Thank you, baby," She mumbles. 

"Hey Hisoka, let go of her for a bit would ya! We wanna hug her too!" Bokuto yells to us. Letting go I throw my arms up in defense before taking a few steps to the side allowing them to tackle her without hindrance. The combination of all of their laughs together does make me happy seeing her smile and laugh with everyone, but the nagging in the back of my head is already predicting the worst. 

Turns out she was in the middle of preparing some type of flame-necessary dessert when Reya got scared and screamed thinking her mother was hurt. The Crimson boys have been more than thrilled to have Athena and the twins back as all the sleepiness within them disappeared as they're all now playing soccer in the back while my little dragon continues to cook while I help her. 

Though a smile remains on her face whilst cooking, I've noticed that she continuously checks her phone nearly every chance she gets, her smile dropping instantly for a second every time. In that brief moment, her eyes display her real emotions. Fear, anticipation, and worry. I could be wrong but I suspect it may have to do with Silva. It's no secret she's always been their little princess as they call her, the soft spot they all shared. But that gets put aside when it comes to work.