Chapter 8

(normal pov)

It was a rather cold night so I was able to start a fire to keep myself warm. So now here I was sitting on a log around a fire in the cold. I rarely ever sleep become of the nightmares so I try to keep myself awake as long as I can ,so far I've stayed awake for two weeks without a blink of sleep. I felt the familiar gust of wind behind me a glance behind me confirmed my suspicion as Philza was walking towards me. I had grown used to his company and.....well I honestly enjoyed it. I scooted over to the end of the log ,so that Philza could sit down. I had my eyes closed ,leaning towards the fire enjoying the warmth it gave off. I narrowed my eyes at Philza when I caught him scooting closer to me. When he saw me watching him he scooted back to his side of the log. I saw Philza get up ,and unroll his sleeping bag ,laying it close to the fire to stay warm. He took off his weapons laying them next to him. "Goodnight." ,He said as he climbed in putting his hat on his chest. I of course stayed awake keeping the fire going. While I tolerated him sleeping and staying in my camp I still won't let him close enough to hurt me. The night passed quicker then others cause soon enough I saw the first rays of light climb the horizon. Philza woke up when the sun fully came into view. He put his weapons back on ,and packed his sleeping bag again. I put out the fire ,and went to refill my water skins. When I got back I was surprised to see Philza waiting for me ,usually he left as soon as he got up. Philza smiled "Come on." ,He said turning around walking further into the forrest. Confused I followed him ,and that's how it was over the next few days I would follow wherever he's leading me ,camping out at night we continued in the same direction. Eventually we were caught in a whiteout as we were passing through a frozen taiga biome.