Chapter 26

Puffy hummed as she examined the lock. "It looks like a bone.", she joked. Everyone got quiet then turned to Puffy. Philza all of a sudden pulled a bone out of his satchel. "Don't worry it's from a skeleton.", he said after seeing my shocked face. He signaled for me to turn around so I did. I felt him mess with the lock and heard some scraping sounds. " It's too small.", he said in defeat. "But it fit right. So it just has to be a bigger bone.", Eret said grimly looking at Puffy. " Well it's not a bone, we're back to square one.", Phil said putting the bone back in his satchel. "No it's a bone, just not a normal bone.", Eret said as his face paled. "Try it.", Eret said simply to Puffy. She hesitated then brought out a large black bone with a purple sheen. I turned around nervously so that she could try to fit it in the lock. The bone had a stench of death on it. I heard a sharp click. Then a hissing sound. Puffy pulled the bone back out in amazement as the lock started to disintegrate into ashes. I jumped off of the sofa in alarm as I felt a wave of heat coming off of the lock. I heard a large clang. I looked behind me and on the floor laid a half pulverized lock. I stood in shock I felt the chains slip off of my wings. My wings fell to the ground with a thud. Pain rocketed up my wings as I fell to the ground screaming in pain. I blacked out.