Chapter 27

I woke up to waves of pain rolling down my back. A stronger wave of pain washed over me as I moved my arm. I groaned in pain deciding it would be best not to move. I opened my eyes to see Eret asleep in a chair beside the bed I was in. I went to turn my head to look at my wings when another wave of pain hit me making me whimper in pain. I tried to deal with the pain as quietly as possible, but I wasn't quiet enough. Eret groaned as he started waking up. He took one look at me, and immediately woke up, and kneeled at the side of the bed. "Hey, hey it's ok I'm here.", he said softly. He ran out of the room and came back with Philza, Ranboo, and a potion of some sort. Kneeling back down uncorking the bottle " Drink slowly.", he said holding the bottle to my lips. He tilted it slightly while I let the potion flow down my throat. He stopped when it was half empty, and put the cork back. I felt a light warmthness spread throughout my body, and take most of the pain away so all I felt was a dull pain in my back. I slowly sat up wary of the pain. I finally looked behind me. My wings. I've never seen them before besides in mirrors. They were leathery pitch black. But why can't I feel them? I looked at my wings in fear.