Chapter 37

I was taking the now smelted iron out of the furnace and putting it in the labeled chest when I heard Phil climbing down the ladder. He started helping me put the iron away. Once we were done we stood in uncomfortable silence. "Look I'm sorry I teased you, but you really were in such a deep sleep that I couldn't even wake you. How much do you know about your dragon counterpart.", Phil said getting serious at the end. I just shrugged in response. He started cackling at my reaction. "Shut up....", I muttered trying to get him to stop teasing me. He laughed a bit more, but after I hit him on the back of his head with my tail he held his hands up in surrender. "Alright. Alright, I'll leave you alone for now. Anyway you ready to start moving your wings yet.", He asked changing the subject, which I was thankful for. I started nodding my head excitedly at the thought of the bandages coming off. "Alright calm down. Let's head upstairs so we'll have more room.", He said nodding towards the ladder. I climbed up first while he climbed behind me. My tail accidentally swatting his face a few times out of excitement. By the time he got up, I was rocking on the balls of my feet in the middle of the room. He had to hold me still while he was unwrapping the bandages and taking off the splints. My wings hung loosely. "Ok, so you're wings are like extra limbs. These are the muscles that allow you to move them.", he explained tapping the space between my wings. I nodded following along with what he was saying. " You have never used the muscles in your wings, so we'll have to train your back muscles to familiarize themselves with you're wing muscles. Techno and I will help you with that alright.", he said waiting for an answer. He grinned as I gave a determined nod.