Chapter 9

My tail dragged in the snow as I tried to keep Philza in sight through the whiteout. The chains were constantly rattling since I was shaking like crazy ,not that I couldn't help it since I was naturally cold-blooded. I had long since lost the feeling in my ears ,and fingers. I followed him into a cave that was sheltered from the harsh winds ,and blinding snow. I slumped against one of the caves wall ,and slid down it until reaching the cave floor. I wrapped my arms around my knees as I brought them up to my chest. Philza went further down the cave probably to check of there were any mobs. He came back after a few minutes ,and saw me shaking against the wall. I looked up as I saw him take his heavy cloak off ,I narrowed my eyes at him as he came closer to me. My pupils dilated to thin slits as he stopped in front of me. As he lifted the cloak over my head ,I bared my fangs at the sudden movement ,but was frozen on the spot when he wrapped the cloak around me.

Philza P.O.V.

After I wrapped the cloak around her I settled down beside her, probably the closest we've ever been besides  when I was untangling her from the thorn bush. As I looked over at her it was easy to see that she was largely malnourished. Overtime of traveling with her I noticed that she barely ate ,and never slept. But once I noticed how the cloak wrapped around her small form ,and how she was struggling to keep her eyes open I knew that she would sleep tonight. I looked outside of the cave entrance to see the raging snow storm ,it would only take another day of traveling to reach Technos house. She's not a bad kid ,it's just the power that Dream has over her. She hasn't tried to attack me after that one night ,and after what I witnessed in the throne room it was obvious that Dream sent her after me. I heard a soft whimper beside me ,when I looked over at her I noticed a stray tear run down her cheek. She started shaking clinging for dear life onto the cloak. "Please...no....not again...." ,She whimpered as more tears streamed down her cheeks. Shaking myself out of surprise of hearing her voice for the first time ,I started trying to shake her awake from the nightmare. She jumped away from me throwing the cloak off of her. The state she was in pained me to say the least ,she had tears rolling down her cheeks ,she was heavily breathing like she was running for her life. I stood up carefully as to not spook her anymore. It took around half an hour to calm her down ,but eventually she did. I now understood why she didn't sleep. What did Dream do to her?