Chapter 42

Phil called me up when the pie was done. I had calmed down, but I still wasn't expecting to see the girl, that barged in earlier, leaning against the wall talking with Phil. I hesitated and was contemplating whether to go back downstairs or not, but Phil saw me before I could make up my mind. "Eclipse, there you are. Come here I want to introduce you to someone.", he said waving me towards them. I made my way over to them warily watching the girl. " Hi, my name's Niki it's nice to meet you.", she said sticking her hand out. I looked at Niki's hand confused before looking up to Phil. "She wants to shake your hand Eclipse.", Phil laughed at my lack of social knowledge. I hit him upside the head with my tail when he wouldn't stop snickering. " Go on then shake her hand.", Phil said gesturing for me to copy her. I cautiously held out my hand, and stiffly shook it. Once she let go of my hand I shuffled behind Phil's wings to hide. "Niki came here just for a visit, but once I told her of your inability to cook, she's decided to teach you.", Phil said cheerfully clapping his hands together. I eyed Niki to see if she posed any threat, but I didn't see any in her patient smile. " I'll leave y'all to it.", Phil said climbing back up the ladder. It was silent for a moment before she clapped her hands together making me jump. "Alright, what do you already know?", Niki asked waiting for an answer. I shook my head. She stared at me confused for a moment before understanding. " Oh yeah, Phil said that you were selectively mute. Sorry, I forgot.", she said apologetically, and so started the long process of her learning that I know next to nothing about cooking or food in general.