Chapter 40

Once Ranboo and I finished cleaning he grabbed the cookbook and looked at the recipe I was trying to cook. "Why did you put the whole carrot in the pot when it said to chop it up?", he asked glancing at me. " That's what it said?", I asked looking at the book laid on the counter. "Yeah, see.", He said pointing to a mess of jumbled words. "How about we make a chicken pot pie.", He declared as he started getting ingredients out. "Let me go check with Phil and Techno. Go ahead, and start it.", he said turning some pages in the book, before climbing upstairs. I looked down at the book trying to make sense of the writing. I guess that it had been a little longer than I thought because Ranboo was behind me looking over my shoulder trying to see what I was glaring at. "Oh, are you dyslexic like Tubbo?", he asked scaring me since I didn't know he was behind me. I paused. " What's dyslexic?", I asked hesitantly. "Wait. You can't read?", he asked in disbelief finally connecting the dots. I nodded my head confirming his question. "Do you know how to write?", he asked. I shook my head. " Well, how about I teach you. Only if you want.", he asked adding the last part so I don't feel pressured. "Yes, please!", I shouted excitedly as I jumped to hug him. I let go of him and started rocking on the balls of my feet. " Ok, well how about I teach you after we finish dinner.", he said turning back to the cookbook. He pointed to certain stuff he needed and gave me a measuring cup to put water in so we could make the crust. Soon enough the pie was in the oven.