Chapter 36

Just as it was about to bring its clawed hand down it screeched at me. Strangely enough, a similar screech responded down the cave I had come from. The enderman hesitated to look towards where the sound had come from ensuring me that I hadn't imagined it. The enderman turned back to me brushing off the sound and brought down its serrated claws ready to deliver the final blow. I shut my eyes tightly waiting to feel the claws cut through my skin. I heard another screech. Nothing. I opened my eyes to see.....Ranboo? Ranboo was standing in front of me protectively blocking me from the endermans view. The enderman screeched at him in anger, but he screeched back at it. The screaming match continued for a good few minutes before the enderman teleported away. Ranboo turned around while I looked at him in shock. "Are you hurt, did he hurt you?", He asked worriedly. He looked me over while I continued to stare at him. " How did you....", I asked confused. "Huh, oh I went after you once you left the house, and heard a rather angry enderman, and here we are.", he explained as he started leading me back out the trench. I didn't complain as I followed him through the cave system. Eventually, we saw the light coming through the entrance. After a few minutes of walking through the snowy land, the house came into view. I followed him into the house and immediately went downstairs to avoid Phil's teasing. I put the iron in the multiple furnaces that lined the wall and sat down on my bed. I heard Phil and Ranboo talking above me but the floor muffled to the point where I couldn't make out what they were saying, but I knew that Phil would come down in a few minutes. It's gonna be a long day.