18 - Breathe at last

Sanem

My new life is starting, I'm in the car with Mihriban towards my future, towards my new home.
Who knows where my albatross will be right now, apart from the dreams I have of him almost every night I try not to think about where he is, what he's doing if he thinks of me, it always hurts too much, but today I feel free to think about him for a moment, I'm too happy and optimistic about the future to fall into dark thoughts.

We have left Istanbul behind us and now we are crossing roads lined with thick vegetation, the traffic is scarce, I open the window and breathe deeply, it seems like an eternity since I last did so.

We go through a large wooden gate, we enter a dirt driveway to arrive in the square in front of a large brick house.
It's beautiful, surrounded by a park full of flowers and trees that, in this autumn, have leaves of a thousand colors. I've always loved this time of year and here everything seems to be amplified, or maybe it's me who has awakened from a forced hibernation and I see everything with greater intensity.

We get out of the car and Mihriban takes me by the arm to lead me along a side path, he takes me to see the buildings scattered around the estate so that I can choose the one I prefer.
I fall in love at first sight with a corner of paradise, it is a small wooden building, it has a large window open to the wonderful greenery that surrounds it, in the front garden many bushes of aromatic herbs saturate the air with strong scents, while a pine forest surrounds it on three sides.

Mihriban explains to me that the driveway that can be glimpsed on the other side of the building leads to the sea, I take her by the hand excitedly and drag her that way, I feel an extreme need to see the sea, Mihriban laughs at my enthusiasm.

We walk along the tree-lined avenue to finally arrive at a grassy clearing in front of a small pier, I feel like I'm dreaming, there's so much peace here, I feel like I'm in the right place, I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

I just want him here next to me....